cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Named Searches

Former Member
0 Kudos

A named search, titled "DISPLAY", has been created with no search pearmetes defined - we want this named search to display all records.

If you execute the named search via Search > Restore Named Search > DISPLAY, then all records are displayed.

If you execute the named search by selecting the named search under Search Parameters, then NO records are displayed.

Also, if you execute the named search while with portal, then NO records are displayed.

A display role has been created in Console that has a named search constraint = DISPLAY.

Why does portal and Search Parameters pane return NO records. Is it not suggested, or possible, to have a display all named search?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shiv, I followed your directions and still no luck. I am using MDM 7.1 SP3.

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I checked in MDM 5.5 Sp06 Patch 4 and it is working. This could be bug with the version that you are using and if you want to; you can create OSS message.

But Still I am not clear about your requirement because if you want to display all the records to a certain role then you can achieve it by specifying NO constraint.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am able to do that in MDM 7.1 SP04 - 078 version. Can yo please recheck your input parameters again. I have a strong feeling that it is not a problem of version.

Regards,

Indraveer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See if you want to select all the records under your DISPLAY Named Search. It is quite possible.

Please follow this.

You must have at-least one field which is not empty in your MDM data Manager.

Say SAP Material No which has value for every record in your MDM Data Manager.

Now come to Free Form Search

SAP Material No select Operator( Is Null) and Value No. You will get X OF X records Found in Status Bar.

Now add this Search criteria by going to Search>Save As Named Search>DISPLAY.

Here it will ask for Confirm Name Search. Press Yes.

Now your Named Search DISPLAY contain all the records.

I have checked it on MDM 7.1 SP3.

It is working fine at my end.

Please let me know if you still face any issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mandeep -

That did it! Stating that "You must have at-least one field which is not empty in your MDM data Manager." was the important piece I was missing. Thank you for your assistance - I greatly appreciate it!

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reinhardt,

I am not sure where you missed because this scenario is working fine here.

Follow below mentioned step to check where you are missing:

1. Create a Named Search in the Named Searches Table with Name "Display".

2. Select the Product Table in record mode and click on Reset Search (Just to make sure all records are now available for view). Now Go to Menu Search>Save As Named Search>Display.

This will store No Filter Criteria in your Named Search.

3. Again Reset Search and now If you execute the named search by selecting the named search under Search Parameters it will display all the records.

this is working with Data Manager, So I strongly feel it should behave in the same way in portal. Check it and let me know the result.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Restoring Named search is different from selecting the named search from the search tab. The former clears your previous search result and restores the named search whereas selecting it from the search tab adds the criteria to the already existing search and it does nor clear the previous search results. So both are different and hence different results.

Regards,

Indraveer