cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Part

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi My company is currently looking for DMS implementation and I'm tasked with it. I'm good with document management in general but having trouble how to use the document part in the DIR? is it default 000 most of t he time?

Thanks in advance for your time,

Vasanth.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vasanth,

Here is a link to the document part documentation.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/en/c1/1c31a243c711d1893e0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

The document part as you said is "000" default most of the time for most of the document types. But there are special cases where you can utilize this field very efficiently one such scenario is of CAD design documents. The drawings at times especially if in construction industry have multiple sheets, in such cases you can utilize the document part field. This basically says that it is a single document but has several parts to it. This is not to be confused with "part" and "assembly" document structures. On the other hand it could also be used for managing documents in different languages but I haven't done this though!

Hope this helps.

regards

C

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasant,

This filed is not used generally. But this is for attaching the same document in parts i.e. segments without changing version and other metadata. I hope this will resolve your query.

Regards,

Ravindra