cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sapjco3.jar (32bit vs 64bit)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am developing a JCo3 application. My development environment is 32bit Windows XP, but my server is 64bit Windows Server 2003 R2.

Can I use the same sapjco3.jar for both environments (32bit and 64bit)? I know that I needed to use a difference .dll files for 32bit vs 64bit.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know why you would like to do this, but yes, you can...

The Java byte code is platform independent and the jars are containing the same in all the different platform distribution packages. You may also use the sapjco3.jar from the Windows package for Linux, if you would like to.

But please note that always the bit width of your JVM process matters for the native dlls, and not the bit width of your operating system. So you even need the 32-bit dll if you are running a 32-bit JVM on your 64-bit Windows.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to fix an issue on server and wanted to know if I had to recompile my Java EAR file with a diffirent sapjco3.jar JAR file everytime when switching between environments.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ah, Ok, now I understand why you asked this question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I usingsapjco3.dll on 64bit Windows 2008 system.

i am getting the below error

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Windows\System32\sapjco3.dll: Can't load IA 32-bit .dll on a AMD 64-bit platform

Could any once please suggest how can i fix this issue with 64bit system.

If need to download sapjco3.dll compatible to 64bit system where can download?

Regards,

Narayana.

Answers (0)