Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7.0: How to add Ship-to address ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

This is on SRM 7.0.

I have to add a new ship-to address in SRM 7.0.

When i log in as SRM ADMIN, i go to the transaction "Business Partner: Purchasing Company".

Here i have the options "Create Purchasing Company" , "Display" and "Edit"

The option "Create Purchasing Company" is alone open to execute, where as the other two options like "Display" and "Edit" are greyed out.

The table is also empty, even though we have Companies created in the system already.

Is there any setting required to bring up all the Companies in the table ? sothat i can Edit or Display ?

Please advice.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harsha,

Edit and Display buttons will be active only when you select any purchasing company from the list that displayed when you choose Purchasing Companies. So in your case you do not have any Purchasing companies maintained and hence you were not able to view the companies.

To view the companies in the list you need to maintain a company in the Org structure.First choose an org unit and activate company check box under Function Tab and make sure BP# is generated by the system for this org unit. This will create a Purchasing company. Then logon to SRM portal and go to "Business Partner:Purchasing Company" and refresh the screen, you will see the company you just created. Select this and click Edit button that will open a new window. Go to Address Data tab and create new addresses and activate the check box Ship-to Address.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks,

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jagadish,

Thanks for that reply.

I have all the addresses brought in from SRM 5.0 to SRM 7.0.

Now i need to add a new address to the existing company.

We have company/bus.partner all set up in SRM.

Still the list of companies not showing up in the main screen.

If i goto quick search, i'm able to see all the old addresses brought in from SRM 5.0.

The problem is, the company is not showing up in the main screen for me to edit and add the new address.

Do you have any clue on what is going wrong here?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

How did you bring in addresses from SRM50 to 70? Are they just addresses or companies (I mean Org units in the org structure with company check box activated)? If so, Did you check those org units have BP number generated in org structure?

It is working fine for us. We have created new companies and added addresses to that company and everything is fine.

Thanks,

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadish,

The addresses are there from the old system as it is and there is no process followed to bring in. The companies have BP# and infact when i search with the BP# in the quick search it gives all the addresses maintained under that company. But nothing is showing up in the main table.

I was going through the sap.help. document and i got this point "You can only set the ship-to address or invoice recipient address for companies, that is, business partners for whom the attribute IS_COMPANY is set in the master data." Bit I dont see this attribute in PPOMA...do you have any idea on this?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to maintain that in PPOMA......As I mentioned above in my first reply, select the org unit (your Company) and go to FUNCTION tab. There you will see a check box called "COMPANY". Check that box and this will create a company which is same as IS_COMPANY field in master data. Then you will see this company in Purchasing companies and you can create ship-to addresses for this.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks,

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadish,

I have given full marks.......thanks for clarifying IS_COMPANY. The flag 'company' is maintained in ppoma under function tab, i also have the bp# for the company and i'm able search it in the new srm 7.0 this company with name/bp# etc using the 'quick search functionality...... all these are ok, but it does not bring up any of the existing companies in the table for me to add few more addresses. if you have your e-mail id, pls provide sothat i can send you the screenshot for better understanding.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unless COMPANY check box is checked for those companies in PPOMA... they will not be visible under purchase companies. First go to each company org unit and maintain them as I explained. You have to do it manually.

Thanks,

Jagadish

Answers (0)