cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSD: Transferring Master Data to Handheld

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I'm pretty new to this subject and I have the doubt if its possible to synchronize only master data for testing to the Hand held. We have configured everything (RFCs, Logical Systems, IDOC Configuration, IDOC Message types, etc) and the client is installed correctly and synchronization with MI Server is OK.

What I'm doing is using transaction /DSD/HH_DRIV to send driver information for example, and transfer this to the DSD Connector. From here what should I do next so this information can be transferred to our hand held.

We are using MDSD 3.0

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Gilberto Li

Edited by: Gilberto Li on Mar 2, 2010 7:02 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Gilberto,

Unlike other application, MDSD sync follows a different type of synchronization within MI. It follows a block synchronization approach where the complete data is sent to device in one go. i.e. whenever a tour is ready in the DSD connector ,the complete tour(which in turn conatins different syncbos) is pushed to MI. Once the tour reaches MI, it is further processed and sent to the corresponding user based queues. And whenever a handheld synchronizes with MI, the corresponding tour is picked up from the user queue and sent to the device. Apart from tour, there are also other blocks of data such as RELOAD and COCI which can be sent to handhelds but you cannot send individual syncbos to the devices.

Thanks, Dharani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharani,

Thanks for your reply. Just one more question. That means that I have to send first all the master data information (for example transaction /DSD/HH_DRIV OR /DSD/HH_MAT) to update the syncBOs before completing the tour for the first time so all the information needed is transferred correctly to the device? Or this is done automatically when we check out?

Thanks again.

Regards,

Gilberto Li

Edited by: Gilberto Li on Mar 3, 2010 4:19 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Gilberto,

A tour gets completed only in the device and whenever the tour is completed, all the updated data is sent back to the middleware.

I am not an expert in DSD connector area and hence I am not sure what has to be done in order to make the tour ready in the backend.

Thanks, Dharani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gilberto Li

you have to complete the tour in your backend to see the data on mobile

create a visit plan to the driver and maintain a visit list

create a sales order - delivery to the driver

create a speculative load to the visit list

assign a mobile device to driver in the DSD cockpit

now the mobile is ready to do synchronization to get the tour with its data

hope it may helps

Ahmed Saber

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gilberto,

I am also configuring DSD in IDES.I am bit stuck on the architecture front.

Configuration guide which I am referring to has the steps to proceed.

I have configured DSD backend and DSD connector as two logical system.

Next step is assign client to this logical system.

Now do we assign client to DSD backend only?

Or to both DSD backend and DSD connector. Please advise.

For example I am in CLIENT100

Do we need to create two client 110 and 120

And assign 110 client to DSD backend and 120 to DSD Connector.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks & Regards,

Vishwas