cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide ALV Controls before refresh in HAP_START_PAGE_POWL_UI_MSS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I need to hide few ALV table control buttons for ESS and MSS applications :

ESS Application: HAP_START_PAGE_POWL_UI_ESS

MSS Application: HAP_START_PAGE_POWL_UI_MSS

This I was abel to do by post exit of the method WDDOMODIFYVIEW in

WD component : POWL_TABLE_COMP,

View : TABLE_DATA

This worked fine for HAP_START_PAGE_POWL_UI_ESS. however, for HAP_START_PAGE_POWL_UI_MSS the control buttons first appear. then there seems to be a refresh function, then suddenly the control buttons are hidden.

Any idea how to have the buttons hidden even before the refresh?

Highly appreciate your help.

Thank and Regards

Pramod

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manas

Many thanks for your inputs.

I have cehcked the method IF_POWL_FEEDER~GET_ACTIONS, its been triggered only in the 'Refresh' function. and not before it. So the problem stil persists.

Thanks and Regards

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whenever we are using POWL, feeder class is the only way to change its appearnace, column settings, number of columns, buttons, actions.

Method get_actions of feeder class CL_HRHAP00_STARTPG_POWL will be called to create buttons, assign action id's to buttons created. So any changes with respect to appearance would have to handled via feeder class.

Regards

Manas Dua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manus,

I understand that " If I need to add extra columns to my table in this "HAP_START_PAGE_POWL_UI_MSS" application I have to add those in the structure HAP_T_WD_DOCUMENTS and to populate those columns we need to add code in IF_POWL_FEEDERGET_OBJECT_DEFINITION and IF_POWL_FEEDERGET_OBJECT methods. And If I have a column with radio button then I have to define the action in IF_POWL_FEEDER~GET_ACTIONS method.

Please let me know if I am wrong anywhere in my understanding.

Also I think we can the existing columns from the POWL table without any coding via admin personalization.

And I am not able to see the link for change query when I am executing the application in admin mode.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Pradeep

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

Applciations ESS and MSS are using POWL ( [Personalized Object Work List|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/60f1d5ee-84ab-2c10-ce97-97dfd89bc238] ) which is a reusable webdynpro component.

To condfigure the settings for your POWL usage, you don't need to change the POWL Component directly,

Instead for every POWL usage we create an APPL Id and Feeder Class which takes care of Column Settings, Data fetching and Actions.

Now for MSS POWL application is OSA-POWL-MSS ( transaction - FPB_MAINTAIN_HIER ) and corresponding feeder class is CL_HRHAP00_STARTPG_POWL.

Here in this class all POWL settings for MSS are made.

Go to method IF_POWL_FEEDER~GET_ACTIONS of this class, this is the place where actions for your MSS POWL Component are defined. Just change this code as per your requirement.