cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How SAPUP tool fetch the source configuration data and display.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Could you please clarify me for the following related to the configuartion phase of upgrade:

If i do ABAP+JAVA upgrade for the netweaver, How SAPUP tool read source system configuration at the time of

Bind patch and IS_select phase?

If we create stack.xml from solution manager , It contains only the main netweaver components and not the addon

information. similarly it also do not have the info. related to the Java components.

Please clarify me, how sapup fetch the component data for (ABAP+JAVA) from source system and display in the upgradeGUI tool.

Thanks and Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you generate the stack file from MOPZ in solman then it contains information of all components including addon and Java files as well.

If your stack file does not contain information about Java patches then check your system definition in SMSY.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sunny,

Thanks for yoyr reply,

when i configured stack.xml for abap it contains only netweaver components, it does not have any info. related to the add-ons.

i have configured the stack.xml as netwevar 7.01, but the addons are related to ERP ( sem-bw, finbasis) , because of this reason i am thinking i may have to register the system as ERP in SMSY and generate the stack.xml?

can u please provide your comments on this?