cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Component Configuration ID at runtime

0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

is it possible to set the component configuration at runtime?

Imagine the following scenario:

A user accesses the application. The application does a lookup what kind of user it is.

If the User is an admin, the application shall be loaded with component configuration:1

If the User is not an admin it shall be loaded with configuration:2

I know that I could provide the two users different URLs, but I want them to access the same link and the application itself shall decide which component configuration to set.

Is there any possibility of doing this? I want to ensure that loading the application with configuration 1 is checked by a logic and not only by separate URLs.

Many Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>A user accesses the application. The application does a lookup what kind of user it is.

Yes and no. You can't do this exactly like you describe. There is no abap code that you can write that will be executed at the Web Dynpro Application before the component is called. Remember the application is much like the transaction code. Your first block of code isn't executed until the underlying component is initiated.

What you could do however is to have a "main frame" web dynpro component that embeds an inner component. During the dynamic embedding you can choose both the compoent and the component configuration. This is after all how Floorplan Manager works.

0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Jung,

many thanks for your quick and good answer.

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a similar problem

Can you explain me better want I should do?

Regards

Answers (0)