cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivate table locks for SAP courses

Wolfgang_Mayer
Active Participant

Hello,

when visiting SAP courses in Walldorf, I observed that it was possible that all participants where able to maintain the same customizing table without getting informed that the table is locked.

How can this behaviour be achived? Usually only one user is able to maintain a table at a time, however, especially for SAP courses it would be great to deactivate this.

Any ideas?

Thanks & regards

Wolfgang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello all,

if this is still interesting for someone:

I found this page http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/ABAP/Lock/Page1.htm where they explain how to create a special report that will call the customizing view for a specific table in a different mode.

The report will delete the general table lock and create row-based locks (based on key fields) instead, allowing at least several users to work with the same table - as long as they edit entries that have different key fields.

I haven't tried it yet, but it looks promising...

Best regards

Tobias

vinod_vemuru2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you share few more details like the table name you are trying to maintain and whether it has table maintenance or custom program for maintaining etc?

If it is through TMG, locking check automatically happens.

Thanks,

Vinod.

Wolfgang_Mayer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

e.g. view cluster CRMV_UI_PROFILE in our CRM system. This is a SAP default table/view called out of the IMG.

If you don't have a CRM system accessible, try it with any SAP table that can be called via the IMG.

Regards

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a guess:

Each participant at Walldorf was administrating an SAP system of his own.

Wolfgang_Mayer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was part of this lesson and we all logged on to the same system and client.

Regards

Wolfgang

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't know if there is a system parameter somewhere to deactivate the SAP locking mechanism. Maybe a very secret "SAP only" one...

I think your question is better suited for the Netweaver administrator forum, I will ask to have it moved there.

Thomas

Wolfgang_Mayer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I meanwhile found out that SAP seems to use programs ZENQOFF/ZENQON together with table ZENQ - at least on IDES systems. However, an additional modification seems to be necessary, maybe in include LSENAF01 and maybe in form HANDLE_RC? Any experiences with this?

Regards

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moved to NW Admin...

If this is "only" a dirty trick in the view_maintenance_call, then we can move it back to the ABAP DDIC forum.

The development systems I have access to do not use any tricks like this. The normal table locks work as usual and for good reasons.

Cheers,

Julius