OVS - fuctionality of Filtering with (*) Asterix

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have OVS, F4 value help in my wd application, below are keys & text

key -- text

in -- india, asia

eg -- egypt, africa

When i filter the text column with 'asia', I expect ovs display me (india, asia).

In development portal, it working fine, but not in test portal (i.e. in test portal the entry is not displayed).

another point:

If i search with 'indi' in test portal then it is displaying 'india, asia' entry.

Observation: filter with " * " (asterix) is not fuctioning in test portal, but fine with that of dev portal.

The same code working fine in one portal, but not in another.

Is this because of any difference in the patches? is any jar file missing? if yes which is that & where can i find? what is the feasible solution?

(just to explain i had used 2 values, but in my application there are total 140 entries, more than 15 entrieswith 'asia' in the text, so when the user search for 'asia' it should display all entries which contain text asia anywhere in the text)

Thanks

Maha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This issue is only for the EVS - extended value selector fields not with OVS, so i closed this & raised a fresh query......

For OVS -- searching with '*' anyways can be handle with the bapi (we can the asis as the input attribute to bapi & get the result back from bapi).

But for EVS, Filtering is not fuctioning properly...

Edited by: Maha on Mar 5, 2010 4:17 PM

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

With considerartion of your last point ..

(just to explain i had used 2 values, but in my application there are total 140 entries, more than 15 entrieswith 'asia' in the text, so when the user search for 'asia' it should display all entries which contain text asia anywhere in the text) )

In general wild card should be act as your requirement , but why it is having different behivours for different system.

check some of the point

1. check the structure for Key value pair.

2. [Wildcard |http://www.cs.princeton.edu/introcs/72regular/Wildcard.java.html]

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not yet answered......

Thanks satish for ur reply,

Structure of keys & values are same.

Regarding wildcard - The same code is working in other portal, So it will not be relavent to had this class.

Another observation: In dev portal, I am getting the expected reult (all the texts with asia anywhere in the text) even though I without '*' astreix. ie even i filter with asis, i am getting the desired result.

- Maha