cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieving historical data from new ST04

0 Kudos

In the old ST04, you could get a nice, 3 month daily overview of key measures just by hitting "Previous Days". I use that in my performance analyses. With the new ST04, I have no idea how that's done. From my understanding, the new ST04 should give you historical data if you give an initial snapshot date that's far enough back. But I see no way to define the initial date as anything but "Database Start". SAP_COLLECTOR_FOR_PERFMONITOR has been running consistently for months. Programs RSORAHCL and RSORAVSH are scheduled to run hourly every day. So the history should still be there, and should be accessible. However, the documentation on the new DBACOCKPIT is very sketchy, as far as I've seen.

Can anyone either point me to some good documentation on this topic, or provide some hints. I'd very much appreciate it.

Thanks very much.

Gordon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Stefan,

The system I'm looking at, L6P, is on Basis 7.00 SP 13. For troubleshooting, I compared L6P to our G8P system , which is on Basis 7.00 SP 15.

One thing I found is that I can select some dates under the "Database Start" and "Up To Now" buttons on G8P, but not on L6P. I further found that in table TCOLL, RSORAHCL has all 7 days marked in G8P, but no days marked in L6P. That would explain why I see the dates in G8P, but not in L6P -- I need to flag the days for RSORAHCL in TCOLL.

So now, I know what I need to do to pick dates going back as far as what's in AWR, according to dba_hist_snapshot. I also see how I can change the snapshot interval and retention periods:

begin

dbms_workload_repository.modify_snapshot_settings (

interval => 20,

retention => 22460

);

end;

for example. The data's in minutes, so I'd want interval = 1440 and retention = 902460 for 3 months of daily snapshot data.

However, I still don't see how I can actually see the history. I go into Statistical Information --> System Summary Metrics, select Metrics Datasource dba-view, and put in the dates I want. I get a lot of metrics, but I don't see a way to limit them to the sepcific ones I want (for data buffer hit rate, I think I'll need to get the physical and logical reads). How can I clean this up to show only what I need?

Thanks very much.

Gordon

former_member220071
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

>dbms_workload_repository.modify_snapshot_settings

If i am not wrong you required workload stat.

If it is so then try transcation st03n.

You will get information date wise and month wise.

Regards

Abhijeet

0 Kudos

Dan, Bhavik,

Thanks for getting back to me. But here's the problem with using the "Since Database Start" and "Up to Now" buttons: I have to create a snapshot, and I can only do that for the current date and time. There's no way I can see to get a snapshot for back in the past. Therefore, I can't get the history I need. In the old ST04, you never had to do any of that -- there was always 3 months of history.

I can access ST04 via report RSDB0006 (security has taken away our direct ST04 access), but I'm sure even RSDB0006 will go away at some point.

If you can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. Thanks very much.

Gordon

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gordon,

unfortunately you don't tell us your support package level and SAP release, but maybe you hit the issue that is described in sapnote #1411834 , #1369716 and #1080813.

Important note in sapnote #1411834 :

Note:

As of Basis 7.00 Support Package 21, the data collection using the reports RSORAHCL and RSORAHST is no longer used (also see Notes 1080813 and 1369716).

Sapnote #1080813:

To use the new procedure to update the history, you require the Oracle AWR (see Note 1028068).

The enhancement is delivered with Basis Release 7.00 Enhancement Package 1.

1. As of Oracle Release 10, the DBA Cockpit uses only AWR. The existing mechanism to update the histories is replaced with AWR and no longer supported. For systems that use Oracle Release 9, the existing mechanism remains unchanged.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can always use ST04OLD.

but from ST04

with the right "performance overview" menu item highlighted you can change the dates in the main "performance overview" frame.

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer this[ link.|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm50/helpdata/en/fb/db3341431ef723e10000000a155106/frameset.htm] to get more info.

In DBACOCKPIT -> performance overview, Upon Click on "Since Database Start" and "Upto Now" option, you will have History link option for getting month/day/hours wise performance details.

Regards

Bhavik G. Shroff