Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport and Changelist Activation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

We are working on PI 7.1

We have separate team to import the transported Object but they dont know anything about PI.

Now the issue is after import they cannot fill the parameters for the adapter so they cannot activate .And we are not able to view the imported objects and make changes because its under the user ID (Integration Team), ..i am not able to see the option of assiging the others change list to my user also.

what can be the best solution for this problem...?

Thanks

Souz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hmm, it's dangerous to let someone do the import which has no clue of PI. Even if you pass the field/values for the Comm.Channels in a list, these are not the only potential problems. Sometimes a change list cannot be imported because a target business system does not yet exist, or because a receiver determination already exists, and so on...how will they handle this ??

So I suggest to change the organization approach

CSY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Souz,

The best thing would be ask them to import and leave as it is. Then go to change list and all the imported objects will be under lsadmin or a different user what ever they have created. Then you can transfer them to your name.

But if they tried to do any changes and saved then you will have issues in transfering. So ask them to leave as soon as they import. Then you should be able to do.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

i am not able to the see chagelist of other users or i am not seeing anything other than my change list .

how to see that ,.or any setting to be done for having to see other changelist and assign it to my user ID..?

thanks

Souz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Souz,

Go to changelist in the transported system and then select the user and hit display. Then you see the changelist for that user. Once whenyou see the transported objects then transfer to your name and from there you go ahead with your requirments.

Regards,

---Satish

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dominic,

Go to the Chage Lists tab and in the User list box, select all.

Then click the Display Button.

YOu will see all the changelists (Of all users).

Go to the "Standard Change List" which is under the Change List of "<user>"-><Name of the software component> and

right click.

You will see an option to transfer.

Regards,

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

i dont have tht option itself ..to view all the users and select ..i saw tht in my previous project it was 7.0 .

but now this project is 7.1 ..what could the possible reason...?

thanks

Souz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally it should allow the transfer of change list from one user to other user...

may be check some roles might be needed for this...

if this is not feasible then i think the better option is to document the parameters need to be configured..and send the same to other team which does so..

prepare a template for this and use this... once done if needed you can verify too...

this is the practice we are following in our project..

HTH

Rajesh