cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPL Settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

Can you please advise what are some good config settings and/or master data settings to start out with on a first set up of SPL? Standard settings are giving very high hit ratio (Search term 70%, Originating feature 51%) on keyword generated from name. Hit rate is so high with these settings, analysis is difficult.

Also, Is it better to start with a high % and tune down, or start smaller, and increase?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aaron,

Note that there are roughly 20 different configuration and user data settings that will impact your hit rate. Most of these have a much greater impact than the word match %. Your two options are to allocate a great deal of trial-and-error/prototyping or find a consultant who has already gone through this (sorry, third option is to not do a very good job :-). If you have the time and interest, the prototyping can be very enlightening (and I guarantee you'll learn something with each iteration).

Sorry I can't provide details in a short message, but I will give you some information that should be very useful to you: Do not view hit rate as an objective. The point of SPL screening is to minimize your "miss rate", that is the number of possible denied parties that could go unblocked (and hit rate has only a very loose relationship to this). If your compliance team is focusing on hit rate, they may not fully understand how SPL works.

-Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Realize that this can become a very philosophical discussion. However, practically speaking everyone is comparing against the same list(s). Most users have partner master data that is relatively standardized across industries and geographies. This being the case, I would think what works well for one GTS user would likely have a directionally correct effect on another. The u201Cstandardu201D settings are not allowing analysis of risk in the settings, because the sheer volume of hits is too much. Simply looking for some ideas on a practical approach that has worked for other users.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would say keep it at 70 51 and have the list types at Name:3 and address:5 and generate comp. Index and tune up wards slowly

cheers

Ramesh