cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make an iView from MDM Web Dynpro Component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I have read documentation about configuration of MDM WD Component.

What I have found - MDM WD Components are used as standalone application and inside BPM.

But what about iView?

How to make an iVIew from MDM WD Component and to link it with Configration? Is it possible to use Application Parameters property?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One of the workaround could be - to create 3 WD Wrappers for Result Set, Item Details and Search respectively.

This wrapper will read parameter from Application parameters iView property and set up MDM components.

But I don't belive that that there is no standard solution.

Edited by: Sergey Aleksandrov on Mar 2, 2010 5:42 PM

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sergey,

are you familiar with the [How to Consume MDm Web Dynpro Components Guide|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/600333e0-9bf7-2c10-1f99-bf5dcf661949?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true] on SDN? Basically you can follow the instructions of creating a stand-alone application and then include this app in the Portal.

We're currently investigating this option for the predefined SAP Business Content. But there's not yet a fixed delivery data available.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

>are you familiar with the How to Consume MDm Web Dynpro Components Guide on SDN? Basically you can follow the >instructions of creating a stand-alone application and then include this app in the Portal.

Yes. I think it's very bad approach for big project with > 50 pages. Do I need to create 50 standalone applications for each page?

Another disadvantage is the support on customer side. Customer portal administrator don't know WebDynpro and he wants to create as many iViews/Pages/Layouts as he needs in wizard.

I think my approch (Wrappers for 3 WD Component - Result Set, Item Details, Search) is better but I think SAP could itself provide the solution which would not require custom coding.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have experimenting with MDM WD Components and what I have found that my approach don't work

It is not possible to work with MDM WD Components like old MDM Portal Content because there is no client events.

But is possible to create WD application wrapper for each layout (portal page) and configure it by iView property - Application parameters.

For example wrapper for layout - Search panel on the left, another search panel, result set and item details on the right.

I have a question for all:

What doy you think is there a need to request SAP to include such wrappers into SCA file with MDM WD Components?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We will be publishing an updated version of the MDM WD Components "How to Guide" with a chapter dedicated on Splitting WD Components into Portal iViews. (this is the same HTG guide that Michael Theis mentioned above)

In a nut-shell, The process for achieving this includes three main steps:

1. Configure the components.

2. Add your custom wrapper WD application using the components as used components.

3. Add iViewSplitting in the application properties and embed the application views in the ViewUIContainerUIElements

This may simplify and reduce some of the effort you currently are facing.

The updated guide will probably be on SDN early next week,

Kevin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kevin, thank you for information!

Answers (0)