Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with storage type 901 GR Area for production

former_member414976
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have a problem with storage type 901, we have a material in 901 type, storage bin Resin for 837,632kgm+ and also the same material and same bin 837,632-

when I view warehouse stocks it states 0kgm stock but these should cancel each other out and the line should what says 0 should disappear, hope someone can help me.

I'm thinking about contacting SAP to go into the table directly to remove these entries.

Regards

Frankie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frankie

Did you check whether there is any difference in the quant data like:

Batch number (if batch managed)

Stock category

Storage location

Any such differences would be visible in transaction LS26

former_member414976
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked all this data and all is the same!

Thanks

Frankie

Former Member
0 Kudos

One reason why this could happen is if for perhaps different quant numbers were posted.

Try moving the +ve stock to a different storage type (like 999) using LT01 and then move it back again using LT01 make sure you give the same destination quant number as the -ve stock in 901. I think this will clear them out.

former_member414976
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have just completed your request i moved material to 999 then back again LT01 and the material amount has increased to 1,675,264 kgm both quant numbers are different by one digit, it is as though everytime we complete a bin to bin it doubles the amount!

Thanks

Frankie

former_member414976
Participant
0 Kudos

Ah sorry just noticed that i need the new quant number! i'll try this now

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well that is exactly what I asked you to avoid.

You have to ensure that the destination quant number is same as the negative stock quant number.

Lets do this step by step (this time we will not move the stock to 999 instead create a TO in the same storage type):

1. Take a note of the quant numbers for the positive stock and negative stock in storage type 901, say 12345 for +ve and 54321 for -ve

2. Run transaction LT01, enter the material, quantity and other required data in the first screen and press enter to move to the next screen.

3. In the Source information, enter storage type as 901, bin as RESIN and source quant as 12345

4. In the Destination information, enter storage type as 901, bin as RESIN destination quant as 54321

5. Press enter and save the TO

By these steps, you are just moving stock from one quant to other. Normally this is done by default.

There must be some reason for the difference that you have to investigate for avoiding this in future.

If the above steps do not solve the issue then I suggest you take support from SAP.

former_member414976
Participant
0 Kudos

o.k. I'll try this thanks

Edited by: Frankie Summerbell on Mar 2, 2010 5:03 PM

former_member414976
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks worked great.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dont forget to investigate the root cause of this.

Answers (0)