cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate/deactivate processing rule by URL?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

is it possible to activate / deactivate a processing rule using an URL (MII 12.0) ?

We have a request that certain incoming messages should not be processed at specific times when the underlying system is down. My first idea was to schedule a job that switches the processing rule on and off. I know that there is an URL for enabling / disabling a scheduled job. Maybe there is one too for rules?

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I assume you mean the processing rules that are the Transaction processing type (since the ones that just categorize the message are already being processed by a separate scheduled job).

You could do a quick 'health check' or 'system status check' at the beginning of your transactions, persisting the information to be picked up later by a scheduled job when the underlying system is down.

It might just be better to have these particular incoming messages Categorized upon receipt for future schedule processing. This way the health check and subsequent TRX processing by a scheduled job can move the messages through their processing routines based upon your own desired logic flow.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

thanks for your answer. I guess we will take this "categorization" route.

Michael

Answers (0)