Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SU01 password change do not work for BW 7

Syamkriz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts,

I have strange problem with BW7 password reset. I have a user "admin" with user type as service. When I change the password from SU01, it says the password is changed. But i am not able to login using admin and the new password. The user is not locked. The strange thing is that if I generate the password with function available in SU01, I can login. But I am not prompted to change the password when I login like that. So the password which I have now is some special characters. Any idea how do I put a proper password for the my BW logon.

Thanks and Regards

Syam

5 REPLIES 5

MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Syam, Service 'S' user type is special user available to anonymous group of users. It is used for user accessing SAP system via web (e.g. in older version via ITS). Only administrator can change its password.

Former Member
0 Kudos

service user wont get the password change prompt..

Thanks,

Prasant K paichha

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

See [SAP Note 622464|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/622464].

Notice: SERVICE users are intended to be used only for technical accounts - not for individual human beings (license aspect).

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, service user cannot get the own password prompt (F5 at logon) or via opening an RFC connection with option to change the password (old/new/new)...

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

So, service user cannot get the own password prompt (F5 at logon) or via opening an RFC connection with option to change the password (old/new/new)...

Yes - absolutely correct. Neither during logon nor afterwards (via SU3).

Only an user administrator can set a new password (using SU01).