cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Parameter for HTTP communication

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed PI 7.1 service which contain double stacks(ABAP+JAVA).

Is it possible to access ABAP server using 8000 port, and Java server using 50000 port? (System number is 00).

The prerequisite is i need the the parameter icm/server_port_0 to be added to the profile.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my knowledge, after installing a system with ABAP and JAVA stack you can access the java system by directly typing the url http://<hostname>:5<Sysno>00/index.html and for ABAP system you have to activate the services in SICF and use the url which will take the port 80<Sysno> as the parameter icm/server_port_0 will be set for HTTP.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharath, thanks for you reply.

Yes, after installation the default ports for ABAP and JAVA are 8000 and 50000. But if i set the parameter icm/server_port_0 = PROT=HTTP,PORT=50000, then the ABAP server also should be accessed through port 50000. If i still use 8000, nothing will return. If set icm/server_port_0 = PROT=HTTP,PORT=8000, then i only can access Java server also use port 8000.

I wonder if it is possible to use these two ports for ABAP and JAVA respective??

Thanks so much!

Regards

Edited by: Chris Xu on Mar 2, 2010 8:28 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I am not sure if it possible or not. Where as changing the java port to ABAP might be possible. Anyhow, kindly go through the below URL which might be helpful.

Thanks & Regards,

Sharath Babu M

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I wonder if it is possible to use these two ports for ABAP and JAVA respective??

Sure is possible... icm/server_port_0 defines the parameter for the ICM port... the one for java is defined on visual admin...

Sincerely I don't know what are you trying to achieve but... if you leave them standard the ports should be 80XX and 500XX respectively

Regards

Juan

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And your question is?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

My question is how to set parameter icm/server_port to fulfill the requirement.

Port 8000 and 50000 for ABAP and Java respective.

Thanks so much!