cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Risk Analysis for Third party ERP system

Former Member
0 Kudos

We want to perform offline risk analysis for third party ERP(SRM) system.... We have already GRC system installed with Global rule set for SAP ERP & want to have another ruleset for offline risk analysis.

Just would like to have a confirmation for below steps & estimated time for this.

Activities Need to be performed from Our side(Client) :-

1) Send the RAR format for Users/Roles/Actions & Permissions.

2) Cross Verify the format.

3) Create the connector for stored files.

4) Upload the files via Data Extraction utility.

5) Generate the ruleset for SRM(third party).

6) Schedule the various background jobs.

Activities Need to be Performed from Third Party - HUBWOO(Owns SRM ERP system) :-

1) Convert users/action/roles and permissions files to RAR format.

Activities need to be Performed from SAP :-

1) Provide the ruleset for HUBWOO SRM system.

Please let me know if I missed any step above & estimated time to complete from our end & did anyone has come across ruleset for HUBWOO system..?

Thanks in Advance!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ansaruddin,

Steps you mentioned for Remote Risk Analysis (RRA) sounds good. But the timeline for RRA to finish depends on the User/Role/Profile authorization counts. It can range from a day to a week and it all depends on authorization count and number of files you need to upload into RAR.

Best Regards,

Sirish Gullapalli.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basically, the timeline will totally depend on how much time it takes to build the RAR format files. Also, the amount of data will change your timelines.

SAP won't provide the ruleset for any third party system. You will have to build it yourself.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your reply,

Alpesh, but still I have small concern here, when SAP provide the ruleset files, it also provides for Oracle, People soft & JDE ERP.

Though these are also third party ERP's for SAP...?

Does it mean that we can'task for ruleset for other third party ERP from SAP...? or does SAP Charge something for it..?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP will only provide the ruleset files for which it has build connectors (RTAs) with the hlep of Greenlight. I don't think GRC has any out of the box connectors or rulesets for ERP other than Oracle, Peoplesoft, JDE etc.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sirish & Alpesh for your replies.

Answers (0)