cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file content conversion scenario-empty file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am doing file content conversion for my sender flat file. And I want to generate XML file in my receiver location.When I check with test tab in my message map in IR , no structure gets generated in RESULT.Overalls cenario is working fine and message is processed successfully but empty file is getting generated in target directory.When I check the payload in message content in RWB communication channel monitoring,it's picking data correctly from the file.I am not getting what might have gone wrong with my message mapping in IR. It's not showing any syntax error.Even it's not generating target message structure in Results window of test Messsage mapping.Could you suggest what mistake might be there in message mapping.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>.Could you suggest what mistake might be there in message mapping.

Most typical mistake:

The root node name and namespace do not match the source structure.

Check the FCC parameters and compare with message type name and namespace.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have given correct values in FCC parameters.Don't go up to FCC parameters pls. It's not able to generate target structure in test window of message mapping in IR itself.I have given name spaces correct here also. I have mapped both the root nodes also now.Still it doesn't work.

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

copy the mapping and rename ..try again...save and activate..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am getting this message in message monitor(SXMB_MONI).

-

com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException

thrown during application mapping

com/sap/xi/tf/_MM_Flat_content_conv_:

RuntimeException in Message-Mapping transformatio~

-

I am able to see the output structure in test window of message mapping in IR and communication channel monitoring is also showing successful message.

fcc parameters used are:

Header.fieldNames KEY,EMPID,NAME,COMPANY,PHONE

Header.fieldFixedLengths 1,4,20,15,12

Header.processConfiguration FromConfiguratiion

Header.keyFieldValue H

Detail.fieldNames KEY,COMPANY,LOCATION

Detail.fieldFixedLengths 1,15,10

Detail.processConfiguration FromConfiguratiion

Detail.keyFieldValue D

Please suggest the mistake in mapping

Edited by: Jaya on Mar 3, 2010 12:45 PM

Edited by: Jaya on Mar 3, 2010 12:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya,

Are you able to see source structure and proper values for source XML after Content Conversion in SXI_MONITOR?

there may be possible that input file does not contains correct values for Key fields(Header.KEY!='H') some like that.

Regards,

R.Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

I am able to see it in SXI_MONITOR in each step of payload.Error flag is shown at Request message mapping step.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya,

As you are saying that TEST Message in IR Itself not working.

there may be chance that child nodes of target XML is not populated....

can you pls provide for us for better understanding.

Regards,

R.Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all I am closing thread.This scenario is working now when I delete my message mapping and created new map.

Edited by: Jaya on Mar 4, 2010 9:44 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayasri,

you marked this thread as answered. What was your solution? I'm facing the exact same problem.

However we have BPC 7.5. I have a dimension usage_type and I load transactional data from a DSO which works fine. However BW sometimes deliveres empty usage_type field which I try to handle with a java script statement in the conversion file. Right now it looks like this

EXTERNAL

INTERNAL

*IF(%external%=" " then TEST;TESTII)

But it just does not work. It keeps giving me TESTII and I just cant figure out how BPC recognizes empty fields.

Thank you and any other expert who can help in advance,

Cora

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

maybe u have not done proper mapping..

chk if you have mapped the root node of the target properly..it should be in green color..also chk the other fields if they are mapped properly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Root node of the target is nothing but message type of target file right! It's in green color!