cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account requires assignment to CO object

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to post a journal to a combination of general ledger and profit centre only but we are getting an error message saying the gl requires an entry to a CO object. There are already debit postings to this gl however we cannot do a credit posting. The gl field status group states that the Internal order and cost centre optional. The item category in the cost element is 1 Primary costs/cost-reducing revenues. I added an entry in OKB9 and mapped the gl to a profit centre but I'm still getting the error. The debit postings are in against this gl and we need to get them out of there. I think if we change the item category of the cost element to 12 sales deduction that it might work but we tried this in our test system and it didn't permit us to change it.

I would be really grateful for any help with this. thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's not sufficient to map profit centre in OKB9; profit centre is not CO object. Since this G/L is defined as cost element, you have to assign either cost centre or internal order.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

that makes sense however we don't want to map either a IO or a CC. What confuses us is we were able to post to this gl when the accounting doc was generated from the sales invoice. An RV document was created for the gl and profit centre with posting key 40 (debit entry) but now if we try to do a journal for a credit to clear the posting to the profit centre we are getting the error re account assignment. I cannot figure out how it would allow a debit posting via the billing document but not credit posting. I have tested in our test box and can see that if I can change the item category associated with the cost element from 1 to 12 that it will allow the posting to go through, however it does not seem possible to change this on the cost element when they are open documents against it. I am at a loss about what to try next. thanks for your help.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whatever posting you did in the past to this G/L, it had to be with either cost centre or internal order (or other CO object). There is no way to post on cost element without this assignment. You can change the category only in the validity period, where no posting to this cost element was done.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Just one further question. What are the likely implications of changing the item category associated with the cost element from 1 to 12? thanks for all your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this [link|;.

Impact of changing element category to '12', is postings to a Cost center from this CE will be statistical in nature.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi magpie,

Profit center is not a CO object, you need to assign a real CO object, like: CC, IO, or PSG etc.

Sales invoice can be posted a FI document because the account is assigned to PSG rather than profit center. So for this document, you can assigned to PSG.