cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding NWM7.1 Monitoring in NWA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have few questions related to monitoring. They are listed below, request you to pls share your knowledge with me regrding same.

1. After logging into NWA & selecting the following options "Monitoring -> Queue Tracking -> Device Inbound Queues"

for a specific User name it shows me all the relevent queues. I suppose that this Inbound Queue means the one which passes on changed data from Mobile client to DOE backend Queue, means in terms of MI2.5 a queue passing data from client to backend. Now as in case of MI2.5 we can see the data contents in Inbound queue(Mi2.5) but I cant see any option to see it here in this screen ! Is it possible to check the Inbound queue data?

2. When I check the Outbound Queue it shows CLIENT_FEEDBACK Object, is it required to check the details of that ? Pls let me know what does this DO signify.

3. In case of Data Monitoring when I check Data direction as Backend -> DOE & Receiver -> DOE it shows me the same records, with same other filtering criteria. Pls tell me whats expected where & what does they both mean?

Pls provide your valuable inputs...

Many Thanks in Advance,

Best Regards,

Saptak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Saptak,

1. You are right. Inbound queues contains the data which have been sent from the devices to DOE and you cannot view the data directly from the queue monitoring. But you can easily search for these messages in 'Message monitoring' and then view the complete message body.

2. Client feedback data object is used for notifying configuration changes carried out on the device. It is also used for sending statistical data about the previous sync cycle such as time taken for the sync to complete and so on. During normal operations you do not have to necessarily check out the data inside these data object messages.

3. Data monitoring is a tool with which you can locate your data irrespective of which place it is inside DOE. It could be in the device inbound queues or it could have been persisted in the consolidated data store or it could have been stuck in the backend queues. And whenever you are searching for your data in the data monitor, you need to mention the direction from which the data has come into DOE i.e. has the data been pushed from the backend or has it been uploaded from the device?

You can also check out this blog for more details on data monitor.

/people/ajith.chandran/blog/2009/10/30/new-tool-data-monitor-to-determine-where-is-my-data

Thanks, Dharani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dharani,

Thanks a ton for the the reply.

I have created an instance for which an ID will get created on backend. So when I am creating an instance the ID is not present on client. Now I started the synchronizing and watching the progress in Message monitoring. Now, the entry comes there and when I see the instance, the ID is also shown. That means, the cycle goes as follows.

Instance created on client --> Client queues are updated on sync --> Entry is made in backend --> and finally the updated entry (with ID) flows to CDS.

Now I don't know what exact entries have client created. I mean to say ID is just an example there may be few more entries that are getting filled on backend.

I wanted to know exactly what client has filled not server has filled. Now how I can check this?

Regards,

Saptak Kulkarni.

0 Kudos

Hi Saptak,

You can see the original message which has been sent by the device in the message monitoring itself. Once you click on 'View message', you can check for the original fields in the first table displayed on the right side. The second table displays the fields modified by backend or any other service within DOE.

Thanks, Dharani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dharani,

Thanks for the answer. When I clicked Vie Message button, I see 3 tabs - Message Body, Modified Message Body, Current CDS state. Now as I mentioned the case earlier, I have created one record on client without a key (key is supposed to get generated on the backend). When I synchronize, in the tabs Message Body and Current CDS state, I see the key that means the entry has popped up there after hitting the backend. Right?

I see no difference in both the entries except the TASK i.e. "I". There is no data in tab Modified Message Body.

I would also like to know is there any screen available to see the screens like MEREP_MON?

Regards,

Saptak.

0 Kudos

Hi Saptak,

Ideally you should be able to see the unchanged field in the first table itself. I guess there is some issue because of which the first table does not show the original field.

The complete monitoring in NW Mobile 7.1 is through webdynpro applications present in NWMA and hence you can use monitoring screens(message mon, data mon, process mon etc) under monitoring link in NWMA.

Thanks, Dharani

Answers (0)