cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QA Refresh in 2 System Landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

All these while I have been working on 3 system Landscape.

Now, I will be working on a 2 System Landscape. One of the 4 Clients in the DEV System is the QA Client. The other System is the PRD which just have a single client as Production.

Usually in a 3 System Landscape we do a full System Copy from PRD -> QA during Refresh.

Now, how to go ahead in a 2 System Landscape? Ofcourse I will have to do a Client Copy, but then what happens to the Client independent data and the Repository for QA?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats what i told:

First export all clients from your DEv(except QAS client)

then do a system copy from PRO to DEV(here you will get PRO client into DEV)

Then import all exported clients(here you will get your all DEV clients)

Now your DEV system will have Exact copy of PRO with all other clients too.

Generally PRO client have huge data, that is not possible to do a remote client copy/client export and import.

So i suggested above method...

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

One possible way to achieve:

1) Export all clients from your DEV

2)Make a system copy from PRO to DEV

3)Import all the clients into DEV.

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I do a System Copy.. The PRD Database will be copied to DEV... So the DEV will become a copy of PRD.. We definitely dont want our DEV DB to be copy of PRD. Am I wrong here? We just want our QA Client to be in sync with PRD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use the Client export and Client import method to copy both client specific and client independent data to your system. Use transaction SCC8 to perform client export. Up to three transport requests will get created (for client specific data, for client independent and for the texts and forms) depending on the profile you choose for export.

In the target system import these requests using STMS. Run transaction SCC7 for post processing steps. Most importantly after the post processing please do a table comparison between the source and target client to check all the client dependent and client independent tables for consistency.

Regards

Sourabh Majumdar

Former Member
0 Kudos

What about the Repository data?

Client copy/ export-import will never be equivalent to a System Copy; because in System Copy Repository data is also copied. Thats what my question is.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you don't want to use System copy method, you need to make use of transport requests to transport the repository objects from source to target system.

Else you can restore the offline backup of the PRD system via BRTOOLS.

Regards

Sourabh Majumdar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transports are one option - but that would be too hectic and not a organised way... Creating hundreds of TRs for all Repository Objects.

Secondly, I guess Restoring Backup is NOT a option. Since the System also contains DEV data. Only a Client is QA. I dont want to Refresh my DEV system.