cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freely programmed search help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have 2 input fields( for 2 different attributes ). I am going apply freely programmed search help for the both input fields.

do i need to create 2 usage components for this. How do i achieve this? Please suggest me.

Regards,

Lakshmi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It is not necessary to create 2 components .Just add your Component to the Component used.

After that add your component to the attribute of your context.

eg your Component is ztest than add this to Component used - test as Component use and ztest as Component.

In attribute use Freely programmed and add test.

It will work.

Regards

Nidhi

Edited by: Nidhi Sharma on Mar 2, 2010 10:46 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thanks for the reply. I think you didn't get my point.

For 1 single attribute i created 1 freely programmed search help component and used it as a comp usage in my current comp and everything is fine.

My question is here i wanted to avail the F4 using freely programmed search help for the second attribute in the same view,

do i need to create 1 more search help component or can use the same above comp usage? if so how can i use the single comp usage for the 2 attribute?

Regards,

Lakshmi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you 2nd attribute also points to the same data element or has to have same data as 1 attribute then you can use same search help.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Have a look at componen DEMO_VALUE_HELP and FREE_VALUE_HELP.

Package SWDP_DEMO.

component demo_value_help uses free value help by declaring a component usage of FREE_VALUE_HELP created by user.

Regards

Manas Dua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer standard Comp: Demo_Value_Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

yes u have to create two compoenents for two freely program search help.