cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label printing via Datamax printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we try to print labels on Datamax M4206 MarkII-printer. Therefore we created a label in Bartender Software and uploaded it according to SAP-Note 490295 into a text file. Then we copied the text file into our Sapscript-form (MAIN window). The window contains nothing else than the code from the text file. When we try to print the label, nothing is printed.

As device type we use ZLB_DMX, because the LB_DMX is not available for our release. I have tried different access methods (C, U, F), but the result is always the same. Anyone here, who had the same problem?

Any advice or help will be much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

check out thread

[|]

A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply. Due to other problems, we will stick to our Bartender solution (i.e. we download the data from SAP to txt-file and print the label via Bartender-Software).

0 Kudos

Hi:

I am trying to do something very similar...

I am reading some material on Bar Tender...but it would be great if you can answer some of my questions..

1.) How do you download the data from SAP to text file.. (using BAPIs, IDcos or RFCs...)

2.) How does SAP know what printer to print on if you have multiple printer at multiple locations.. Is this Information in the text file you download or is this taken care by Bartender..?

Thanks and appreciate your time..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gautam,

we use a Z-report to collect the required data from SAP and download it as a txt.file. The printer is selected by the user when printing the labels in Bartender-Software.

Hope this answers your questions.

regards

Christian

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you print nothing at all (not even a blank page? not even with simple ABAP lists), it's a network issue, ask your administrator, and check SAP Note 26009 - R/3 System does not print, first steps