cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Corporate Master Program started

Former Member
0 Kudos

In a globalized business world with fierce competition market driven innovations determine the permanence of entrepreneurial success. As a prerequisite of powerful innovation, practical experiences and actual subject matter expertise need to be combined. Another component is the courage to be daring and try out less conventional approaches.

In 2010 SAP University Alliances and SAP Education started a cooperation with Steinbeis Center of Management and Technology (SCMT), SRH Hochschule Heidelberg and the Chair for Information Systems of Technische Universität München (TUM) with the joint ambition to educate high potentials and tomorrow´s experts in an integrated and comprehensive manner. Using the framework of our new SAP Corporate Master Program, the program trains and develops excellent young potentials from companies in diverse industries and consulting firms.

We offer four study programs covering different focus areas in management and technology, each of them using a select higher education partner:

Master of Business Administration (MBA) u2013 requiring a minimum of two years of experience on the job

Master of Business Engineering (MBE) u2013 immediately following primary studies

Master of Science (MSc) u2013 immediately following primary studies

Master of Computer Sciences (MCompSc) u2013 non-consecutive, after completion of studies

All students of all programs will be trained and tested by SAP Education to become certified SAP consultants. The universities are responsible for the academic part of the programs and will qualify and test the students as part of the master studies. Following the successful completion the students will receive the academic degree (MBA, MBE, MSc or MCompSc) from their university plus an internationally acknowledged SAP consultant certificate from SAP Education.

For more information, please follow the Link to our SAP Coporate Master Program ().

Best Regards,

Daniela Weckenmann - Chair for Information Systems of Technische Universität München

Edited by: Daniela Weckenmann on Mar 2, 2010 8:39 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

varunsahlot123
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are these courses taught in English at your university? is language a barrier in Germany for jobs?

what are the prerequisite for the courses?

these are few queries, i thought every aspirant would be interested in..

Also if possible could you please provide the direct link for course content and the concerned person with whom we can clear out our queries.

Regards

Varun

RichBlumberg
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Varun...Hi! Comments below...

Are these courses taught in English at your university?

** Comment: UK - yes. Germany (primarily Germen)

is language a barrier in Germany for jobs?

** Comment: A person working Germany should, in my opinion, be proficient in Germany. Certainly much global busines takes place in English and other languages.

what are the prerequisite for the courses?

** Comment: Please contact the respective universities to confirm their prerequisites.

Also if possible could you please provide the direct link for course content and the concerned person with whom we can clear out our queries.

** Comment: You can connect to the respective, participating university via this link - http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-28233

All the best!

Regards,

Richard

varunsahlot123
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey everyone,

Most of the SAP UA universities and corporate master program universities teaches TERP10  which does not specialize in any module, it's an overview of business processes in different module and i think an SAP experience guy like me( SAP B1 certified ) would need more than that, so can anybody suggest me an master program who has specialization in an module with indepth study of that domain, here in my case it's accounting.

Regards

Varun

RichBlumberg
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Varun,

Hi! See my recent post (last reply) with the universities in the UK and Australia in addition to Germany that have the SAP Corporate Masters Program - http://scn.sap.com/message/13247978

Best regards,

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys,

I have done my computer engineering from Mumbai university.I am thinking of doing this SAP MASTERS PROGRAM along with my MS.The only problem is my financial conditions are not much good.So can any1 tell me can i get any scholarships on this sap masters program.My aggregate in engineering is 58.2% .and also i read that university charge get paid by your company in which you are working (SAP Project) but how will we get the company to work for!! Do SAP AG 100% provide company to work?

And how is the current scenario as far as IT jobs are concerned in Germany?

Will i get a good job after i complete my MS+SAP MASTERS?

Do SAP AG provide placements after doing their SAP MASTERS PROGRAM

Kindly reply ASAP guys as i need to apply for the unviersites.I am bit tensed and in dilemma to go for it or not.

Regards,

Alok

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, everything looks very exciting, but I have a complain and a question.

1) why I cannot read the page in English? Well, we have google translator and one could understand some German, but I can see very little text so the translation, I mean an official one, would take a skilled translator like minutes. Maybe you could fix it? Does not look very professional.

2) I would like to know if there is a way a graduate on other university with years of SAP experience could study your course and take some shortcuts. I have passed many theoretical exams in computer science, have completed many practical trainings and have successfully used all the theoretical/ school experience in oth technical and functional world of SAP. I would like to learn some more, meet some new people, maybe even get a fancy paper from a respected univerity like yours, but I don´t have time/ money to move to another country (I cannot do this on any of the local univerisites) and study for years to get something what I already have.

I understand you must have heard many questions like this one, I am sorry for that, but that would bridge the gap between the schools and the industry in a great way and of course would help the working professionals (like me, I hope) to help traing the youngsters and get trained in some new and fancy things at the same time.

Regards Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

There is an English website as well (http://www.sap.com/germany/services/education/cmp/index_en.epx) but nevertheless you are completely right that the translation of the CPM website is still missing.. I will forward your complaint to the websites admins.

Your second question is an interesting one - I think life-long learning is vital, especially within such a fast-moving area we are working in. As you have gathered already lots of theoretical and practical experience, you maybe could start teaching at an university as guest teacher? This is just one of many other ways to share your experience and to get in touch with university people to discuss and develop new ideas and concepts.

Regards

Sonja

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanky you, Sonja, for the idea. I had the same idea. But my alma mater was not interested, or better to say: they had enough "teachers" and PhD students to do the job (read: they needed some purpose for themselves, so they didn´t want any other people to get in). By the way, we are said (they´re) to be very theoretical and more sceitnific than intersted in engineering and I feel the course would not fit in. And the procedure was neither clear nor easy to get your own course. So I took my degree and started some real work instead of starting a fight.

I would be happy to teach or help teaching but none of the universitites in my country are members of UAC (I have asked a question how can one become a member and what could bring it to the school, I still don´t understand why there is no "starter pack" I could sent those guys or offer them in personal....) and am afraid not interested in any "external" SAP sources. Maybe it is because of some petty-minded people out there or I didn´t crush into the right ones, I don´t know.

I meet this kind of people everywhere and that is why I started posting to SDN, where one is who he/she wants to be and how hard he/she is working. And only because I feel a little debt i started searching for alternatives around here. My primary interest is to help young people to understand and learn SAP and help them decide and start their SAP career. But if it would be possible to get some more education for me or offer some more formal education (than the blogs, forum posts etc.) for the others, I would be interested. I welcome any thoughts/ ideas.

By the way it is possible this discussion has already happened here and I missed it, in that case I am sorry for asking the same questions and complaining about the same things. Thanky ou for your patience with a newcomer:))

regards Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But let me insist on the second question. Is there a way I can became a distant student and get the degree (I could learn so much more at the foreign university, I believe, meet new people and the name of the school could also help one day). But without having to go through this all over?

cheers Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By the way, some parts of the website are dead, for example check the links here: http://www.sap.com/germany/services/education/cmp/investment/index_en.epx

Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

the offered courses a no long-distance courses, but as far as I know at least some of the course contents are blocked.

If you need more details, you can also use the central contact adress info.sap.cmp(at)scmt.com.

Regards

Sonja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Otto I'm curious to know if you have heard anything further?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto

Last time I checked we offer 6 post graduate SAP related subjects online. These are part of our Master of Business in ERP systems which is offered in China, Singapore and Austria. I don't want this forum to turn into a place for universities to publicise their courses but you has a specific request about distance education. The different time zones might be a killer but all lectures are recorded.

Good Luck

Paul Hawking

SAP Academic Program Director

Victoria University

Australia

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am so glad you were able to spare a minute and tell me about it! I am aware of the SAP courses/ education/ name in SAP education of the University of yours and would be cool if there would be a way I could tap to any of your activities...

But you can imagine what questions come next: Would it be possible to attend (and get a degree from your university?) for a guy from the central europe? I would love to attend, study or teach, or maybe both, but have no idea about the details, prerequisities... Is there a page, you could point me to, to read something more and do not bother you with the questions?

I don´t care about the time zones, if it could work for me, I would prefer to study instead of sleeping:))

Thank you for your time and effort,

regards Otto

p.s.: if you could share a brief description of your interests (I mean personal interests), I would try to find something we have in common, to become a valuable "contact" for you. I am not going to waste your time!

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I found this one: http://www.business.vu.edu.au/sap/ but cannot see any details how to arrange it. Is there anybody I could reach with the specific details? I mean somebody who would be interested to "work" with me:))

Hope I am not too cheeky, I am only excited about the opportunities...

thank you,

regards Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sonja,

Please let me know if the German language skills are mandatory for following such a program. I ask this because the program is in English but i've seen that with no German language skills a student cannot be included in the projects which are part of the program. Please clarify this.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I am Mahesh one of the aspirants who wish to to do a Masters program in SAP. I have seen many programs in SAP in different universities like Shieffield-Hallam University(UK),Brunel University(UK),Victoria University(Australia) etc..,But the present new course what is called as SAP Corporate Masters Program which is a colleberation of SAP and the german universities seems to be interesting and exciting.I got some details regarding the courses,universities and flow of the program from the course coordinator of SCMT.But, when I have seen the threads posted by Paul Hawking and Martin Gollogly, I am into a state of confusion like what is the difference between this special program and the program offered by other universities and also what are all the extra benefits do a student get after joining this course.

Please give me a reply ASAP as I am planning for the SAP corporate masters program.

Regards,

S Mahesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello I would also like to know exactly what Mahesh has asked. Please let us know how is it different from the normal programs!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear S Mahesh

The SAP Corporate Master Program currently is found in three universities in Germany. The universities involved are long-time University Alliances member institutions. They designes their masters curriculum to employ SAP products in a number of their courses. They also offer the TERP10 SAP Integration of Business Processes certification in the first year of the program. SAP Education cooperated closely with these universities in Germany in the design of these programs.

This is also what a number of University Alliances member institutions all over the world including in Germany, at Victoria University in Australia, and at the various UK universities mentioned in an earlier post have done even before these three universities offered the SAP Corporate Master Program. You would have to say that the inspiration for the SAP Corporate Master comes from these innovative programs.

Indeed, these innovative universities often cooperated with SAP Education in their local countries (i.e. Germany, Australia and UK) to integrate the opportunity for students to choose to take further official SAP certifications as options in their programs. In the SAP Corporate Master universities, a second official certification is included in the second year of the program as a requirement.

So, for the students, I would say that you should look at ALL of these programs as being very worthwhile. All of them are innovative and all of them successfully involve the university professors, SAP University Alliances, and SAP Education in the delivery of the programs. They are all innovative and valuable. In the SAP Corporate Master, SAP Education worked with University Alliances and the universities early on in the development of the curriculum. In the other universities, they developed their curriculum as members of the University Alliances program and also chose to invite in SAP Education to participate in making additional certifications available to their students.

Please don't be confused. All of these programs are really excellent. Choose which program based on the content offered that fits you best and the other factors of geography, cost, reputation, etc. that you normally use in making the decsion.

I hope this helps you.

Bob LoBue

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for reply,however i am confused ,

what is difference between the normal sap master course which is priced at 10000 euros and sap master course which is 40000 euros (in srh heidelberg),both have the same course contents ,

please clarify.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mahesh,

For detailed information on the SAP Corporate Master Program you can contact Ms Kerndl, you find her contact details on following website: http://www.sap.com/germany/services/education/cmp/index_en.epx.

On this website you can also find a download brochure, including many details on the contents of the program.

Regards

Sonja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniela,

This sounds very interesting. As with Paul we have a number of UK institutions that have incorporated Certifications into their degrees most notsably Sheffield Hall University that runs a NetWeaver Developer MSc that includes TERP10 and SAP academy delivered by SAP Education. A few other universities are interested in doing something similar.

I'm interested in how the SAP Education component is integrated. At present the aggressive SAP degrees we run have UA-delivered SAP elements (ERP, BIW, BOBJ, CRM) and then a TERP10 Certification and then another Certification on top if the students are prepared to pay to have an academy delivered but the numbers on the second element vary from year to year depending on expense, the global economy (85% of our postgrads are non-UK), and the interest in the specific academy topic. So to manage the variability the universities do more themselves (i.e. incorporating eve more UA materials) and then deliver an academy only when the economic conditions are suitable.

So I guess my questions would be - what is the additional benefit from this program that we don't do already (ie. do they have a whole load of additional materials - what sort of accredditation do they get) and what flexibility is there. You also specify certain degrees - are these degrees that SAP is accrediting or are they just the degres that SAP is prepared to work with?

All the best

Martin

Martin Gollogly

Director, University Alliances, UK, Ireland and Benelux

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniela

Well done this sounds exciting. We have been offering Master Degrees built around SAP solutions for nearly 10 years now. In the last 3 years we have built on SAP Consultant Certification in a number of areas (BI, FI, XI, TERP10). These are either via class room training or SAP uAcademy. How are you including SAP certification in your programs?

Regards

Paul Hawking

SAP Academic Program Director

Victoria University

Australia

Edited by: Paul Hawking on Mar 10, 2010 1:15 AM