cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Management: Advance Tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning all,

I am currently using function module HRTRV_IF_GET_TRIP and receiving data on the advances table for all advance amounts on the trip.

When I add an advance on an existing approved trip and then save on Transaction PR05 without approving the trip. The function module brings back all the previous amounts including the amount that was added on the trip without approval.

Is there a way to get all the previous amounts or even the total of the previous amounts i.e. excluding the amounts that have been added, saved but not approved on the trip?

The GL account ( TCODE: FBL3N ) shows a balance that excludes the amount that had been saved and not approved. Where does it obtain this data from?

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Preneshen Govender

Moved from SAP HCM Forum to SAP Travel Management

Edited by: Sikindar on Mar 2, 2010 2:10 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Did you solve you problem? How?

Kr,

Petra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Preneshen,

Quote from your query

"When I add an advance on an existing approved trip and then save on Transaction PR05 without approving the trip. The function module brings back all the previous amounts including the amount that was added on the trip without approval"

What is the logical reason to add trip advance to an approved trip in PR05 ?

The GL account shows the old approved amount posted because the status of the trip was updated as "Transferred to FI" which means that trip totals have now been posted to financial accounts and it is not a good idea to play with this. In all cases it will not include anything that was added in PR05 after the trip has been approved and posted.

Hope this provides more info.

CONMJI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the same issue. The customer wants to the below scenario via travel management:

1. Entry of an advanceu201D Au201D via TRIP/PR05

2. Posting of advance u201CAu201D on the vendor account (=employee)

3. Payment of the advance u201CAu201D towards vendor (=employee) via F110

4. Entry of the real expense in the same trip

5. Posting of the expense on the vendor account while taking into account the advance already paid

6. Payment of the expense (equals the expense amount minus advance)

7. A new advance u201CBu201D needs to be entered on the same trip

8. Posting of the new advance u201CBu201D needs to be posted on the vendor account (=employee)

9. Payment advance u201CBu201D towards vendor (=employee) via F110

10. Entry of new real expense on the same trip

11. Payment of the expense (equals the new expense minus advance u201CBu201D)

12. u2026.

After step 6 the trip has the status "trip appved", this is needed because we need to calculate the difference between the advance (2) and the expense (4)

Everything works fine until step 6.Any idea how we can add an extra advance after a trip has been approved? If I add an advance right now in the system all the posted advances are again posted in FI (in my example advance A and B)...

thanks for you help in advance!