cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding RFC Sender Communication Channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on RFC sender channel, need some important information.

1). Can i use single RFC Sender Channel in Multiple Sender Agreements.

2). Can i use Program ID in Multiple Sender RFC Channels. I am having one RFC to File interface and another RFC to JDBC interface.

Do i need to create 2 sender channels and 2 RFC destinations with 2 Program Ids????.

Please give me clarifications.

Regards,

Balu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
1). Can i use single RFC Sender Channel in Multiple Sender Agreements.

yes

2). Can i use Program ID in Multiple Sender RFC Channels. I am having one RFC to File interface and another RFC to JDBC 
interface.
Do i need to create 2 sender channels and 2 RFC destinations with 2 Program Ids????.

If the Sender System is the same, use the same channel...do not create a new one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your prompt response,

If i will use single sender RFC channel and Single Program ID for my all sender agreements, how that Single RFC channel will identify the information like

Function Module A data should forward to Sender Agreement A

Function Module B data should forward to Sender Agreement B.

etc

Thanks,

Balu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case you will be using a common rfc sender channel which contains the progid..apart from this

you need to create different sender agreements..like as you mentioned you need to specify two agreements one for function module a and other for function module b...

only common will be business system/service..representing the sender. and remainig like interface name will be based on your function module/requirements...

HTH

Rajesh

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
If i will use single sender RFC channel and Single Program ID for my all sender agreements, how that Single RFC channel 
will identify the information like

In our sender agreement we configure not only the channel but also the Sender Interface (in your case RFC)......this is the factor which defines what to accept......in broader term we use the same concept of channel re-use in other cases also and the same work fine because of this Sender Interface.

I found Q28 interesting: https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/730870

In first read it may sound confusing...but after some more rreads you will know what the answer means in the SAP note.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created RFC Destination type T in Sender CRM System, i clicked on Test Connectio Button, but it is giving error like below

Error when opening RFC Connection

ERROR: Program Prg_rfcprogid not registered..........

It is clearly telling that that program id Prg_rfcprogid not registed.

I have not created sender RFC Channel and agreements till now. Is this the reason for this error?????.

thanks,

balu

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I have not created sender RFC Channel and agreements till now. Is this the reason for this error?????.

No, this is not the reason....in the RFC destination did you select registered Server Program: /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

Also refer Q22 from the note provided in earlier reply.

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also complete your scenario, create CC & sender Agreement also on PI system.

Give the same Program ID in CC & check.

jose_augastine3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Balu,

1. Yes. You can use single RFC Sender Channel in Multiple Sender Agreements.

2. Yes. You can use Program ID in Multiple Sender RFC Channels.

Regards,

J Augastine