cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After submit button selected dropdown entry is lost!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a problem as below..

I created a static dropdown list of Webdynpro enumerated type.

Using online scenario after I press webdynpro native submit button, the selected entry is getting lost.

I guess this is due to the control is given to Webdynpro and the form is loaded again with default entries in Initialzation

I want to keep/retain the selected entry even after hitting SUBMIT button.

Please advice me how to resolve.

Regards,

Srinivas

Edited by: srinivas aare on Mar 2, 2010 9:09 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is happening when the user clicks submit? are you running it through some validation code?

What I did is, on Submit in my Web Dynpro, save my info in a temporary structure (matching my context), so if a validation in web dynpro fails, I re-populate my entire context with the temp version and turn control back over to the PDF.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the reply.

Submit(Webdynpro Native) is giving the control back to Webdynpro but user can still stay on the same page after hitting submit button, Ideally I should have taken the control back to the main screen to avoid this issue after submitting. But I want the user to see what information they have submitted in read only mode.

Can you tell me what do you mean by temporary structure Do I have to maintain the same structure twice in Webdynpro context?

Can you please explain me clearly on "save my info in a temporary structure (matching my context)"?

Where do we maintain the structure in WebDynpro copntext or is there any other place like interface?

And how can we influence the same binding to tell the elements on form to get values from temporary structure?

Many tanks in advance..

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our scenario - After our users click submit, we validate - if there are no errors, we save the data and navigate them away to a Success Page. We have a different page for them to enter search criteria to find any of the forms they've created.

If you are losing values, can you debug and see where it is happening? It sounds like the data is getting saved properly, but when you are re-displaying the data in read-only mode, the dropdown entry is lost.

What you may want to do, is after they submit (I'm assuming you're saving this data somewhere), Select the data from the DB, re-populate your Context and call another web dynpro in read-only mode to show the form.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks Robert.

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

I have the same issue.

I uploaded the form in WDA (Form is filled in offline mode) and click submit button to save the data in SAP.

Then page gets refreshed (data successfully saved in SAP) and all values in the dropdowns are wiped out.

Textfield values are not wiped out.

I want to show the form with all entered values if I get any validation errors while saving.

How did you resolve this issue?

Are you repopulating the context after submit?

Thanks

Thruna

Answers (0)