cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMQ2 Time limit exceeded

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

IDOC to IDOC Scenarion--There are some entries in SMQ2 are showing "time limit exceeded". i tried to unlok the Queue every time i get the error and after that queue is going into Running status for some time and again it is giving the same error and status is "SYSFAIL". Queue registration is also done.we are facing this problem in production.

All other interfaces messages are processing fine except for one interface. some IDocs are processed even for the same interface. I assumed that the size of the message is large. so it is not processing, mapping step is not executed.

see the example below for one message which is not processed from XI

<SAP:MessageSizePayload>467228</SAP:MessageSizePayload>

<SAP:MessageSizeTotal>479041</SAP:MessageSizeTotal>

<SAP:PayloadSizeRequest>467228</SAP:PayloadSizeRequest>

We have restarted the complete XI server after Kernal upgrade and after that we are getting this problem, can any body give me the suggestion how can we solve the problem.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

This is not the large size which can effect production system...

check work process/system resource/utilization at the time of "time limit exceed" error occuring.

increase processing time .

Edited by: NetWeaver Expert on Mar 2, 2010 5:43 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

what is the maximum processing time i can increase and where ?. How can i validate the work process utilization?

Suggest me is there any other possible solution to rectify this.

Thanks in Advance

Neeru

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The problem of Timeout can be solved by increasing the parameter value in SXMB_ADM:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/06/08/xi-timeouts-timeouts-timeouts

It should however be noted that we cannot increase the value as we want, and in this case it is suggested that the data entering XI should be send in smaller chunks.....since it is the only one interface for you that is failing, it is definitely the amount of data send

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

The size of the messages also not huge, we have tested it testing system and it is taking less than one minute to process the message. And we have checked at the Gate way & JCO connections are working fine. The problem is still there as i explained in my first post.

Every time it is giving time limit exceeded after unlocking the Queue.

Is there any other suggestions to resolve this issue.

Thanks in Advance

Neeru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The size of the messages also not huge, we have tested it testing system and it is taking less than one minute to process the message. And we have checked at the Gate way & JCO connections are working fine. The problem is still there as i explained in my first post.

Every time it is giving time limit exceeded after unlocking the Queue.

Is there any other suggestions to resolve this issue.

Thanks in Advance

Neeru

Edited by: neeru on Mar 3, 2010 2:57 PM