cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product code search on shopping cart

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! I am trying to implement diect material procurement in SRM (SRM7). I have created some materials and replicated successfully to SRM. When I create a shopping cart and click on the search hel p for product id, it is showing the logical system of the SRM system and nothing will show up when I do a search. If I change to the ECC logical system (which is right since the material originates from ECC), I can see the materials.

So, my question is how can I get the system to defaults to ECC logical system rather than SRM so that it saves the user having to change the logical system each time they search?

Thanks!

SF

Edited by: SF on Mar 2, 2010 5:13 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SF

When I create a shopping cart and click on the search hel p for product id, it is showing the logical system of the SRM system and nothing will show up when I do a search.- This is wrong behavior.

it must be a blank right?

create oss message .

ostly we bring materials from ECC to SRM . it is meaningless to popup SRM logical system rather than blank or ECC logical system.

end user got nfrustration to search a material and how he will lovely order a material.

PS:- NOT APLLICABLE Note 1337716 - Order As Direct Material is active in case of local scenario

muthu

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Still not very clear on why we have different behaviour in different systems though there is a solution to it via search help change.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SF,

Check the below things

Define backend systems for the product category

Extended attributes for product categories in org sturcute.

Both of them should be set to backend.

Thanks,

Ravi Nelluri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you tell the steps for replication of material from R/3 to SRM.

please reply

While creating the shopping cart select the prodcut categories in the first screen.

If you are selecting the SRM product categories -all the materials created directly in COMM_HIERARTCHY iwill be displayed.

If you are selecting the ECC 6. (or) R/3 product categories -all the materials replicated from R/3 will be displayed

Check in SRM SPRO-- Define Backend systems and

Define Backend systems for product categories

Regards

G.Ganesh Kumar

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Muthu for the reply. For others who reply, I am referring to Product ID, i.e. material number, and not product categories. Sorry if the Subject misled you.

I will double check OSS notes for this.

Cheers!

SF

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

normally when you search material , you must get LANGUAGE KEY =EN comes. others must be blank.

try to search other materials while creating other srm business object

like goa , bid invitation. etc.

or if you can findout se11 - search help for find product and out put should not show any logical system by default.

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the System Alias attribute in the org structure attributes for the user business partner. It should be pointed to backend system.

Both products and product categories are interrelated in the SRM search criteria. I believe better to verify config once.

Thanks,

Ravi Nelluri.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

SF wanted to jnow where srm product search list shows as SRMLOGICAL system by default.

SF is more experienced person is SRM.I have learned many things from him.

Muthu

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

SF wanted to know where srm product search list shows as SRMLOGICAL system by default.

SF is more experienced person is SRM.I have learned many things from him.

Muthu

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

The attributes are set up correctly for the user. They are pointing to the backend.

Cheers!

SF

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

se11

search help

BBPH_PRODUCT_GENERAL

display

look at the search parameter

logsys - is if default there with logsys.

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SF,

Sorry to keep bother you. It takes from search help "BBPH_PRODUCT". Normally it shouldn't default to some logical system.

It will default language only.

Check this search help from SE11.

Thanks,

Ravi Nelluri.

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

BBPH_PRODUCT_GENERAL does not exist in my SRM system. But I did try with table COMM_PRODUCT and the logical system is blank. If I click to continue to search, the list of materials is brought up with my backend system as the logical system. I guess for some reasons within SRM shopping cart transaction, it is re-populating the logical system data. I will double check some other settings in the shopping transaction to see how it goes.

Thanks for the advice.

Regards

SF

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

My apologies, just realised that you are referring to search help and not table. I have checked and confirmed that no logical system is defaulted.

Regards

SF

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SF

i am wondering why comm_product table last field = logical system is empty.

i believe you must have backend logical system entry for your material in comm_product

what about your comm_category table logical system name?

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SF/Muthu,

There are some chances if you have an entry with sys type "LLS" in BBP_BACKEND_DEST table to default the logical system.

Verify backend destinations.

COMM_PRODUCT table should be filled with backend logical system if replication and hierarchy setup is done properly.

Thanks,

Ravi Nelluri.

Thanks,

Ravi Nelluri.

Edited by: Ravi Nelluri on Mar 2, 2010 4:44 PM

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

Yes, the backend system is assigned to the product in table COMM_PRODUCT and hence I am able to search if I change the logical system to the backend system.

You raised a good question on the product category. Our system is a copy of another client and I found that although in the product category table the backend system is assigned to the categories correctly, the node where these categories sit is showing as description for the old client. Theoretically this should not be linked to the problem reported but means that I have one more thing to look at!

Regards

SF

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

our concern here is how SRMLOGICAL system populate as a default value whe you search for a product.

do you have any other object to create via bid invitation ot crreate GOA . there you may have search button for searching materials.

are you getting the same SRM LOGICAL SYSTEM?

mUTHU

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

I tried with both bid and PO and the logical system is blank (which is really what all of us are expecting). So, it seems to be a problem unique to shopping cart.

Regards

SF

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SF

when you click internal goods/services

it shoud pop up a

find product

product id - empty

product description -empty

language key -EN

category id - empty

product type -empty

logical systen - empty

maximumun no of hits - 500

--

IF YOU GET below , you need to create OSS message.

product id - empty

product description -empty

language key -EN

category id - empty

product type -empty

logical systen - SRMCLNT100 - WRONG - YOU MUST CREATE A MESSAGE TO SAP.

maximumun no of hits - 500

---

end user will get frustrated if it comes ....he will not like this tool if it comes like to. tools to keep us more comfortable and help to server fast

Muthu

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

I solved the problem. Found this OSS note Note 1330119 - Set default values for F4 help of Product Id in SC which I have to make a programmatic change to the data type BBP_PDS_SC_ITEM_ICU and remove the search help values so that the field is blank. Of course, I am still pretty puzzled as to how the system determines the original defaults as I checked on another SRM client and found that I am getting the backend system defaulted. Also, with the solution, the liogical system field is blank but my product category is still pre-populated. I didn't mention that earlier so as not to draw too much confusion. I tried removing the default but the last product category for the attribute will still be pre-populated by the system. I suppose I can remove the values from the data type as per the product id solution but I am keen obviously to find out more about how the default was extracted in the first place. Will leave this message open while I dwell more into it.

Cheers!

SF