SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funds Management center hierarchy is messed up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am working on SAP upgrade project from 4.6C to ECC6.0. During testing in QA, FM center hierarchy is messed up. Two funds center has been added at the Hierarchy level 001 top node . ( table FMHISV ).

Now in FI posting I am getting following error message:"No Posting Object Available"

When I try to delete these two entrries from Hierarchy I am getting following error message:

"Function not allowed: Budget was assigned for funds centerXXXX BBBBBB

Message no. F6565"

Please guide me how to delete these two entries from Hierarchy (transaction FMSD).

Thanks.

Saeed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try checking these notes:

553664 FM: Reorganization of funds centers or commitment items

543967 Fund centers can not be moved

958181 Check during deletion of FM master data (BCS total values)

507208 Funds centers cannot be moved

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try checking these notes:

553664 FM: Reorganization of funds centers or commitment items

543967 Fund centers can not be moved

958181 Check during deletion of FM master data (BCS total values)

507208 Funds centers cannot be moved

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Budget structure has been fixed but while doing posting using transaction FB50 getting following error and need help in resolution:

No posting object defined for XXXXX / XXXXX / XXXXA / 6100

Message no. FI038

Diagnosis

In Funds Management, FM area NSSB, the combination of fund 541000, funds center 54-1A and commitment item 6100 in the budget structure is not defined as a posting object.

If you have defined only one posting object in the budget structure, you must define all the commitment items to which you want to make postings, as posting objects.

System Response

Posting not carried out.

Procedure

Enter an FM area/fund/funds center/commitment item combination which is defined as a posting object in the budget structure, or define the above combination as one.

To define budget objects, go to the Funds Management menu and choose Budgeting -> Budget structure -> Change.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your configuration Spro > Public sector > Funds management government > Master data > Use of account assignment elements > Define settings for the budget structure; check whether you have an entry for FM area NSSB and the box 'Chk Posting Address' is checked. If the answer is yes and you are sure this configuration is what you want, then you need to create the posting address for that combination. There are 3 methods to create posting addresses: FMBSPO (individual processing); FMBSPO_MULT (mass processing) and FMBSPO_GEN (generating posting addresses from actual data). If you do not want system to check posting addresses, just uncheck the box 'Chk Posting Address) in the configuration.

Regards,

Ming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ming.

We are using Budget Structure (Former Budgeting) and what will be option for this.

Saeed

Former Member
0 Kudos

In commitment item 6100 master record, is directly postable radio button on?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, does commitment item 6100 have financial transaction 30/3 (or 30/2)? What kind of document you are trying to post?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just figured out what this is about. We had the same painful experience when we were using budget structure in Former Budgeting and it took me a while to clear the mess.

When you build a budget structure, if you have NEVER flagged any combination as a posting object, then ALL the combinations ARE posting objects (provided the CI is postable). If you just happened to flag one or several combination(s) as posting object, the rest of the combinations are NOT posting objects.

What you could do is DELETING all the posting object in your budget structure: FM9ZA10; in Object cat, select Posting object; in Action, select Delete; in FM account assignment make desired selection (this makes it possible to piecemeal the task); make sure to run in test mode before production run.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ming.

When I follow above process I get following message:

No FM account assignments were selected.

Message no. BP219

Diagnosis

No FM account assignments were selected.

Procedure

Make selections first.

Thanks.

Saeed

Edited by: Saeed Ahmad on Mar 4, 2010 3:59 PM

Edited by: Saeed Ahmad on Mar 4, 2010 4:00 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you make FM account assignment selection?

Here is how you make selections:

on FM9ZA10 selection screen, click on FM Account Assignment button on top left side > make your selections (don't forget check the box 'and all subordinate' ) > click the 'clock' icon > system displays a list of the selected account assignments on the screen > Edit > Select all > click on the button 'Copy values' > system brings you back to FM9ZA10 main screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ming,

I followed the process and following is sample log log for each item:

Fund : 511000 Result :Budget structure was successfully changed Message:56-SW853/1-0000 cannot be defined as posting object

But getting same error message.

No posting object defined for NSSB / 541000 / 54-1A / 6100

Message no. FI038

Do I have to set instead delete ?

Thanks.

Saeed

Former Member
0 Kudos

It only says that change to fund 511000 is successful. But the error message you had during posting is for fund 541000. Did you delete posting objects for the entire budget structure? Also, I do not understand the message '56-SW853/1-0000 cannot be defined as posting object'. I guess 56-SW853 is a funds center and 1-0000 is a commitment item but what is the fund and are you trying to set a posting object or delete a posting object?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saeed,

I think you should save this cumbersome task of fixing the entire budget structure for later. A quick and dirty way to get pass this error message is just to flag that combination as posting object: FM9K > enter FC= top FC of 54-1A / CI = top CI of 61000 / Fund = 541000 > after budget structure is shown on the screen, scroll down to the combination of 54-1A / 61000 > check the box 'Pst' and save the budget structure.

Of course, eventually, you will have to deal with the task of either flagging all the address as post object or deleting all the flagged posting objects.

Regards,

Ming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ming,

Thank you very much for all your support in the resolution of this cumbersome issue.

Following is log relating to problem making fund 541000:

Fund:541000 Result:Budget structure was not changed Message: BS templates cannot be maintained with direct input

So, we need to fix BS Template for Fund which is not done properly.

On first screen of FM9k Group Assignment option in 4.6C has been re-named to USE BS TEMPLATES in ECC6.0

When on FM9K I enter FM Area : NSSB, Year :2009, Fund: 541000

on the second screen I see Column for level, Fund, Bdgt Str Tp.

Bdgt Str Tp column is changeable displays value= NSSB but when I try to find same value from drop down then no value is displayed and there is no message.

When I try same option for the year 2004 I found following value:

NSSB 2004 NSSB

In 4.6C with same option for the year 2004; on second screen column for Budget Structure Template = Commit Item Group.

Commit Item Group field is no more available in ECC6.0.

So looks like , we have to find out replacememt of Commit Item Group in ECC6.0 and need to create this field.

BS template for 2009 was created after upgrade from 4.6C to ECC6.0

Best regards,

Saeed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ming,

I was able to create new BS using transaction FMG1 with ref to previous year's BS and assigned to the Fund 541000. Now I can see BS from the drop down.

But getting same warning message while doing posting with FB50:

No posting object defined for NSSB / 541000 / 54-1A / 6100

Message no. FI038.

Best Regards,

Saeed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saeed,

Here is the thing, once a budget address is flagged as a posting object, the rest of the addresses without the flag are considered non posting objects. So, in your budget structure, there must be at least one budget address (not necessarily under the fund 541000) that has been flagged as posting object. I would recommend you to fix this situation in tow steps.

1. Get pass the error message pointing to 541000/54-1A/6100

Since you are using the template, you need to flag the above address as posting object in the template: FMG2 > enter the template > click the button object definition > scroll down to find the combination > check the box 'Pstg obj.' and save. I assume you have aready assigned the template to the funds center (FM9K). Because the template has been changed, you need to run FMG5 to regenerate the budget structure just for fund 541000. Test your FB50 posting, if it is fixed, your user can resume their testing. Repeat the same fix for other addresses if encounter the same error message when posting to those addresses.

2. Fix the budget structure for good

It looks like your budget structure has a mixture of using templats (eg. fund 541000) and direct maintenance (eg. fund 511000). That really makes an already cumbersome procedure even more complicated and confusing. I would recommend only using templates. To fix the budget structure you first delete the entire budget structure (FM9M); then you maintain the templates, remember to UNCHECK posting objects for all the templates; then you assign the templates to the disired fund/funds center (FM9K); generate budget structure FMG5; finally you will also need to reconstruct budget (FM9QBUD) and AVC (FMBV).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ming,

Good news issue RESOLVED.

Thank you very much for all you help on this resolution. It was really a painfull process to resolve this kind of cumbersome issue. You're my life saver.

We can close this isue now

Have a great weekend.

Best Regrds,

Saeed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you are talking about two different issues.

Having multiple top funds centers does not necessarily result a posting error with the error message 'no posting object found'. You will have to investigate why the system can not find a posting object. You can do that by simulating the posting in FMDERIVE.

Your second issue is changing FC hierarchy. This usually is driven by the business (I do not think anybody should just change the structure due to some technical reason). If you have to make changes in the middle of a fiscal year, then refer to the notes Eli gave you. Basically, in some scenarios you can do it but in others you can not.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Thanks Eli & Ming.

I activated trace through FMDERIVE. Derivation is working fine and at the end getting same posting error. I am reviewing all the notes Eli mentioned.

Thanks.

Saeed

0 Kudos

As per note # 553663 I reset budget to zero and still unable to delete wrong Fund center from Hierarchy. On transaction FM9K , it shows at top level.

As this is upgrade project and we're in testing environmrnt and some of the testers never worked in Funds Management and in unit testing they tested all the transactions including changing Hierarchy. In the sandbox I have same configuration except for differecne in FM Center Hierarchy which is working fine.

Please advise if there is any other way to remove top node.

Is it possible to define new Hierarchy Variant. At the moment we are using 0000 standard one.

Thanks.

Saeed