cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trace back the budget status of each PM posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

is there any way to trace back the budget status at the time of each PM order posting? By budget status, I mean the available budget for the WBS element to which these PM orders were assigned.

Regards,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

Report BPFCTRA0 can help you analize the WBS assigned value and the postings done. It will not provide the details on particular moments of time as you desire but may be useful to find out where the problem was. You can call it in SE38 or directly from the

budgeting transactions using Extras > Availability control > Analysis.

Also, take a close look at note 178837

Hope this is useful,

Regards

Martina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Martina,

Whenever I found some strange behaviors of project budgeting, I kept being told to run the report BPFCTRA0 to analyze the problem. But frankly, I was not very into this report and usually ended up with getting nothing from this report

I think I need to further understand how this report is working beneath the surface and how to read this report. If you could share some information, I would appreciate that

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

The output of program BPFCTRA0 gives a complete explanation how the 'active' assigned value is calculated. It shows a hierarchical list of all objects which belong to a budget carrier (if you expand the list) and an overview of all postings which are included in the calculation of the active assigned value.

Budget carriers are highlighted in blue colour. This way, you can quickly recognize for which WBS elements an availability control does not take place.

Postings highlighted in red colour do not contribute to the assigned value.

The assigned value from BPFCTRA0 should correspond with the CJ31 assigned value.

The sum of the postings in a budget carrier (WBS element) should be equal to the WBS assigned value.

There is a 'hidden' OK-code which can be used in report BPFCTRA0 ('=SUM'). If you enter this ok-code in the result list of BPFCTRA0, the system recalculates the assigned value and compares it with the result list. If there is an inconsistency, you will get a popup. These can be fixed with CJBN. If no popup is issued everything is consistent.

Once you are sure your assigned value is consistent, you can compare the postings with the contents in tables in RKACSHOW and further analyze which posting made the budget overrun.

Note 196149 provides more info on the report.

Rgds

Martina

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I understand By Mean of Trace Back : You are saying that You don't want WBS Budget to be checked while PM order Posting. If this is your requirement in that case better to use exempt availability control rather than remove Budgeted status.

Please confirm you requirement in detail, so forum can you help you.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the confusion Nitin, I meant to say, we've already created a WBS element and assigned severl PM orders to it. These PM order have already consumed part of the total budget allocated to this WBS element. Now we want to look back to these orders, we want to know when we posted each order, how many avaliable budget is still there under this WBS. The purpose of this is to know if we posted certain order, the system didn't issue an error message which should be . Let me know if I made myself clear.

Regards.

Michael

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for clarification. When you have posted cost on PM Order that you can get idea from document date & posting date in CJII3 or PM order line Item report. From there you need to start analysis. You can take help PS standard report for checking diff. sort of budget as on date. I doubt is there any PS report which show you available budget on past dates.

So, for analysis per it's better to replicate scenario in test system rather than doing manual back date calculation.

With Regards

Nitin P.