Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seperate DC for model??

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I am creating a new DC for one of my new project. This DC will interact with

SAP and uses 5 to 6 RFCs.I am wondering if I need to create a new DC for the models

and refer it in my UI DC or should i do it every thing one DC. At this point I am not sure if those RFC will be used in other projects. What will be a best thing to do in terms of design every thing in one DC or two DCs one for UI and another one for Models?

Regards,

Tarun.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun,

The best thing is to create a separate component for ur model. In my project , i have created a separate SC for UI components, Service Components and Utility component. by setting the dependency, i use to use model in UI, so that u need not code agaian and again. and if there is any change in model compoent, just need to re import the model.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Its always good to have separate DCs for Model,if tommorow anything changes in your design level,it will just impact the Model DC.

Regards,

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unless you will "Deploy and Forget", split in two DC's. If you need to change or give maintenance in this Component, having the Models in a different DC will save you a lot time when "coding" your DC - It seems having the Models under the DC lags the Save Metadata process.

It will also makes things "faster" in NWDI case you need to change a screen for instance and you don't need to touch the Models. Importing and Assembly steps - Not to say, it will save you a lot, lot time when Building and Deploying in development time.

I have a "thumb" rule, more than two I split. Of course, it will depend on their sizes, if they are very small (and I don't need to reuse, or they are not future candidates..) I just embed in the same DC.

Regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Since you are not aware if the RFCs will be used in any other DC on the track, it would be a good practice to create a separate DC for model. This will ensure that your project can do away with the unnecessary burden of having models for same RFCs in multiple DCs.* Also you can have the same model for RFCs from multiple DCs, which is recommended by SAP.

Regards,

Sudeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no need to have a seperate DC for the models in your case.

Seperate DC for models can be encouraged when there are a number of DCs that need to access a particular RFC and that RFC undergoes frequent structural changes.I dont think we need to put models in a seperate DC for any other reason.

Regards,

Himanshu