cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception occuring in the adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all;

Can the exception handling branch in BPM handle the exception occuring in the adapter.

For example if i try to insert same data in the ODS table.Then in the adapter it gives a TransformException "Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint" .But the flow in BPM does not enters the exception branch.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Mudit,

dod you try requesting transport or application acknowledgment in your BPM in the send step ?

(one of the options in the send step)

try this and try with your error once more

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

no michal it does not work in that way.i tried that and it stopped the processing after send step.

is there any specific exception name i have to specify in the block or any exception name will do.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mudit,

Are you using a <b>SEND ASYNCHRONOUS STEP</b> in your BPM to send the message to the JDBC adapter. If yes, then Exception Handling using BPM cannot handle the error occuring in the JDBC adapter.

You will have to configure Alerts for the same, or you can use a <b>Synchrnous SEND STEP</b> to make the call to the JDBC adapter from the BPM.

A synchronous Send step can handle the exception but not an Asynchrnous Send Step.

Regards,

Bhavesh

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try using CCMS alerts incase BPM exception doesnot work