cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New kernel

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am in the process of upgrading to EHP1 for Netweaver.

I accidentally corrupted the kernel that is in the /sapmnt/<SID>/exe directory so it not whole. As the <sid>ofr user if I go to qsh/qp2term and try to run sapcar it is not in the path so I know the exe directory is not whole.

I did not make any changes to the Kernel Library so I know that is complete and intact.

I tried to run APYSAP TYPE(*KERNEL) SID(PB0) DSTLIB(current library) and received the following in the job log:

APYSAP TYPE(*KERNEL) SID(PB0) DSTLIB(R3PB0KRL0)

Ownership of object GETOBJINF in QTEMP type *USRSPC changed.

Ownership of object GETOBJINF in QTEMP type *USRSPC changed.

APYSAP:No O4AFFILE in library. library not valid.

Errors occurred in command.

Errors occurred in command.

Is there a way to get the kernel back whole again in the /sapmnt/<SID>/exe directory so that I can proceed?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vincent,

I created SAP note 1443577, which describes how to load a 7.01 kernel when you do not even have the SAP kernel tools. This note is just being translated into English - hopefully it will be available for you soon.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bernard,

I will take alook at the note and review it. I lived in Walldorf for 3 years. My German may be a bit rusty but I should be able to make it through.

Tschuess,

Vincent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi my friend

Since you mentioned the kernel library and directory could have been corrupted, I'd suggest to download one from SWDC, preferably the latest.

To avoid that error in command APYSAP:

Log on as QSECOFR or other super user, add a valid kernel library by ADDLIBLE, then run APYSAP you should be fine.

Regards,

Effan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Effan,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I had tried to do that by putting the original kernel in the LIBL but when trying to run the APYSAP I was still getting an error. The issue is that the links in /sapmnt/PB0/exe are broken. How do I resolve the issues with the links in not being in exe. I know the APYSAP is what recreates those links but that isnt working for me.

Regards,

Vincent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note 912575 introduces LODSAPKRN 700 kernel in detail but don't know why it's not available right now. Here's your steps:

1. download SAPEXE.SAR, SAPEXEDB.SAR, IGSEXE.SAR from SWDC.

2. create a txt file with following content:

SAPEXE.SAR,

SAPEXEDB.SAR,

NOTE: put a comma at the end of each line.

3. rename this txt file to parts, then copy it to AS/400 host directory /kernel700, copy SAR kernel files to here as well.

4. log on as <SID>ADM, execute:

LODSAPKRN DEV(STMF) MNTPNT('/kernel700') KRNLIB('<target kernel library name>') USERDEF(YES) LIST('/kernel700/parts')

5. refer to note 937000 to load IGS into this newly created kernel library

6. remove old kernel: RMVSAP SID(<SID>) DLTKRNLIB(*NO)

7. change library list, replace the old kernel library with the new one: EDTLIBL

8. then log on as QSECOFR:

ADDLIBLE <new kernel library>

APYSAP TYPE(*KERNEL) SID(<SID>) DSTLIB(<new kernel library>)

Don't forget to delete SQL packages before starting with new kernel.

Regards,

Effan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Effan,

Thanks for the response.

What do you do though if the LODSAPKRN isn't available in the current kernel?

What I am trying to figure out is how to come back from a completely toasted kernel. Unlike all of the other OS where I can just unsar the SAPEXE and the SAPEXEDB into the exe directly and restart the instance.

I have laid down a new kernel on other instances where I have had a working kernel it's the non working kernel that is causing me some pain right now.

Vincent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check this one, Note 685895 - iSeries: Loading an EXT kernel

It gives you a way to creates an LODKRN library which contains the LODSAPKRN command, and then you could follow my previous instruction to load the latest intact kernel.

Regards,

Effan