cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I am facing an error # 51 with the inbound IDOC, i do understand the error 51 is mostly related to data. here is the issue.

The Idoc is coming in from the vendor, it has the MPN value and the UoM, and the error is saying " enter conversion factor for material ......... & UoM

I have 2 question regarding the above scenario.

1) usally when i see an Idoc with error 51, the segment which has the issue with the data is normally in red, but in this case i only isee below in the status record that 2 line items have the conversion issue with the error 51, why the segment itself is not in red ?

2). since the Idoc is from the vendor it has the MPN, but when i look at the details of the error in the status record, i actualy see the SAP material number, but not the MPN, so to figure out which segment might has the issue, i have to take the material number, go to MARA and then look for the MPN for that Material, and then look at each segment to find out which segment is having the issue, in what scenario does this occur ? and why it is showing me the SAP material number in the error and not the MPN ?.

the above are my findings & i could be wrong, i would apprecaite an expert opinion on this.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am closing this thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD,

Check with the abaper or the functional guy whether there is any conversion factor for material? Else debug the inbound idoc and find out the field which it is expecting. Probably the field might be empty from PI.

Regards,

---Satish