cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to track SCs dependencies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts!

I'm trying to use a jar file located on the server on one of my WD Projects. (KM)

I've actually figured out which Software Component provides a DC with the jar i'm looking for by looking into the help site from SAP that tells me which SCs should i import to use KM projects.

But let's suppose i was using some kind of functionality not documented on Help from SAP, just like having the requirment to check the roles for a user on the portal, or something like that.

How can i detect which DC use a specified jar, and which SC contains the DC?

I'm looking for some kind of tool that can track software dependencies in a way that i can only have to tell which is the class/jar that i want to use and that tool returns me the SCs. Is there any tool available?

I've seen here on the forum a excel list that provides the relationship between jars and classes on some APIs, but the association between jars and DCs and between DCs and SCs is missing.

I think this is a basic requirment for reusing software code.

Can anybody help?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

I think system info page give you all information about SC and DC.

you can use http://sapjarfinder.com/ to find which dc(or jar) contains which class file.

Best regards,

John

Edited by: John Wu on Mar 8, 2010 9:35 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Finally someone has something to say regarding this question. Thank you for sharing a way to accomplish my doubts on software dependencies.

I was expecting a better way to track those dependencies but for now i would look to your solution as an acceptable "workaround".

I'll not post my question as answered because i'm hoping there's another way and someone could share it, or until someone from SAP tell me this is the "official" way.

Thank you again!