cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Needed scroll bar in text field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have two text fields continuously. Sometimes either one get expanded. I kept all the fields in subform type positioned. Comments fields are getting enlarged when it has more number of lines. Lets say, If first field get expanded, it override the second one.

so I want to give scroll bar in a text field.

Thanks in advance.

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should not use positioned subforms at all. If you need to move a field right for example, the wrap it into a subform and set the left margin of the subform. Do not use positioned subform and just move the field. You will probably resolve your problem if you remove content: positioned on all subforms relevant to your problem (for example all parents of the text fields).

Use content flowed and layout autofit as often as possible!

Otto

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have both fields in a single subform? If you cannot provide any more details, it will be difficult to help you. Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes..Both fields in a single subform with type positioned. parent is type flowed.

Thanks

Ram

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am afraid I cannot give you the scrollbars. But I can help you with the expanding of the field:

1) you need the text fields to have attribute "allow multiple lines" (tab object)

2) you need to have their height set to autofit (tab layout) instead of a fixed height

3) you need to have their parent with content flowed

that should be enough to make that work,

regards Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did everything Otto. When the first text field grows up, It over writes into the second text field.

Thanks

Ram