Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splits (Person Assignment) in Network Activity

srinivasan_desingh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have planned 10 hrs work in a network activity. After that , In the person assignment tab of Network Activity, I have assigned a person and gave work as 15 hrs.

When I press enter, I got an information message " The work of all the splits is greater than the work in the operation"

How can I make this information message as error message? I could not find in the configuration.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards

Srinivasan Desingh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in the activity (internal tab) change the work to 25 hrs and the message will go away

Former Member
0 Kudos

Virendra, I think it should be 15 hours he need to put in outside screen instead of 25,right ?

Regards,

Mahendra

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes you are correct - I just used a value greater than 15

basically the work in the internal tab must be same (or greater) as the sum total of all person assignment

srinivasan_desingh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

Yes, If I Change the planned work, the message will go away.

My requirement is, I need that message as ERROR message. The bottom line is " System should not allow the user to proceed when the total amount of work distributed in the activity exceeds the total amount of work planned in the activity"

Eg: I have planned for 10 hrs in the activity. But I distribute 15 hours of that work to a person. This should not happen. Currently this is an information message. I want to get this as a error message by standard configuration without touching ABAP.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Regards

Srinivasan Desingh

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check T code OBA5 to alter message control. Find application area from message class

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Any message if you want to change that from warning or error and vice versa......you have to change the message category in the customozation of " Define system message attributes".

SAP provides these kind of customization for puchasing, process order, inventory and some other function modules.... Unfortunately PS module doesnot have this option.

But it is possible to do so....with the help of ABAP consultant.

Here are some of the inputs....

Goto SE80...ABAP workbench

Call for Repository browser

and then enter package and CY and drill down box which is appear in the left side of your screen.

You can see your message 411 at the right hand part...

With the help of ABAPer...it is possible to do so...

Hope it will helpful for some extent.

Regards

Vetri

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

srinivasan_desingh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

In the transaction code OBA5 there is no application area "CY".

Hello Vetri,

As per your suggestion to use SE80, we can change the message and long text but we cannot control whether it is warning or error here.

anyhow thanks for your suggestions and input. I aprreciated this.

Regards

Srinivasan Desingh

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If application are is not defined in OBA5, we cannot change message type i.e E to W or W to E.

Regards

Nitin P.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use validation in network activity - check if the necessary fields are defined, else use validation exit and code your requirement

srinivasan_desingh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

The fields are not defined in the validation. Moreover I dont want to use ABAP for this functionality.

My intention of this thread is to find out a solution without using ABAP.

Thank you all for your valuable inputs.

Regards

Srinivasan Desingh