cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB02 Status ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Our sap team do not have access to sysdba.our database owner is sapsr3.Is it posible to do all the database activities with sapsr3??Moreover backup is taken by Rman so db02 is not giving any details so how the backup details will be relected in dbo2 if we are not doing the backup through brtools??We are using Oracle 10.2 & HP-Unix,ECC 6.0.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashley,

did you managed to get info about RMAN backup to DB02 in SAP?

I have the same scenario as you described above.

Appreciate any help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashley,

You can use the SAPSR3 user for performing the database activities. With reference to backup, you will not get an update in DB02 unless you are taking the backups using brtools.

Regards,

Sanujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

What kind of database activities can I perform with sapsr3??can you please list them few.How to know that my backup has run successful ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to get an update in DB02 unless we are taking the backups using brtools??Is there any place from where I will know the backups update??I do not have access to SYSDBA.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can see all the details in DB12 and DB14

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juan I am repeatedly posting that I am not taking the backups from brtools..Is it possible to check the backup from SAP Application with t-code if we take the backups from Rman & not from brtools??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why don't you integrate RMAN to BRTOOLS ?

With this you can use BRTOOL for backup and can see the details in DB12 also...

You just need to configur RMAN parameters in init<SID>.sap

just go through the below links for how to do that...

[https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/420698|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/420698]

[http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/fd/dba41eb4aa2943b88c46d06f693d2e/frameset.htm|http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/fd/dba41eb4aa2943b88c46d06f693d2e/frameset.htm]

Hope, it will help you a lot...

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajesh..The problem which we are having is that we have a separate DB team who is lookiing after not aonly SAP databases but also other applications database.They have started taking the SAP Backup from RMAN.So my question is if they do not like to integrate RMAN to BRTOOLS then what's the alternatives??I will not be the person who will be taking the backup but as a BASIS administrator I need to monitor backup logs.My only intention is to check Database Backup logs??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If both SAP and DB team work together, result will be much better. You can take benefits of features offered by SAP and DB.

It will be easy for both team to monitor the result.

If your DB team do not like to integrate RMAN into BRTools then you have to rely on their result.

Because as per my understanding SAP do not keep the logs of the activity performed externally (not from SAP or SAP Tools)..

If you adapt above procedure, then you can see the logs in DB12

All the best

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Rajesh for ur answer..Last question regarding this DB Doubt..We have the SAPSR3 as the database owner..I know that we can perform various DB activities with this user but how to reset the password of SAPSR3 user without using SYSDBA user ID??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have root access to your operating system, you can log on as ROOT and then follow the below procedure...

# su - ora<SID>
#brtools
Press 8 (Additional functions)
Press 4 (Change password of database user)
.... 2. Database user/password (user) [SAPSR3]
.... 3. Database owner to change password (owner) [SAPSR3]
.... 4. Log file name (log) [Filename.log]
(You can fill the details of the user here on this screen...)
Press "c"

OR

login to database as

#sqlplus / as sysdba
#SQL>ALTER USER SAPSR3 IDENTIFIED BY 'NEW_PASSWORD';
#SQL>COMMIT;
#SQL>EXIT;
#

You can also change the DB user password using below command..

brconnect -u / u2013c u2013f chpass u2013u SAPSR3 u2013p NEW_PASSWORD

Hope, It will help you...

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede