cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collecting IDOCs in BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello BPM experts,

I needed some help with one of the scenarios with BPM.

We are sending outbound IDOCs from ECC to PI (v7.0 SP14)

Step 1 - Process kicks off from ECC.

1.There are multiple partners in WE20(Configured in WE20) which sends out IDOCs through the single tRFC port(WE21).

Step 2- XI starts to collect the IDOCs from these different partners in ECC(Configured in WE20) using a wait step in ccBPM.

Step 3-By using correlation,the collected IDOCs recieved from different partners are translated and send to File adapter in seperate files.

Note:For example if there are 10 partners in WE20 which sends to 1000 IDOCs,these transactions grouped and translated into 10 files and finally transmitted to partner using file adapter.

We tested the scenarios and it is working fine,In production we faced an issue with BPM processing larger number of messages.SAP asked to apply note 1147377 to resolve this issue with bigger load.

My concern here is if the mapping for a particular partner fails,will this cause an issue to the rest of 9 partners ? Please give me your suggetions.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
My concern here is if the mapping for a particular partner fails,will this cause an issue to the rest of 9 partners ? Please 
give me your suggetions.

Where is your mapping placed? If in Transformation step of BPM, then include this Transformation Step inside a Block which has Exception Branch....you can either keep this Exception Branch blank (no steps included) or can have a Throw Alert step....and then let the process continue as you want.

Regards,

Abhishek.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes,praveen,when mapping fails for particular partner,it will be definelty affect on other partners,but these all partner sending different IDocs or same IDoc??

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Idoc can be bundled in ECC side itself. I suggest you to go for that since BPM is having memory consumption drawback unless and otherwise there is some other reason.

Regards,

Vineetha.