Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

No Administrator found for the task (solution in FAQ not applicable sadly)

Hi All,

I have had to build a custom work item inbox due to complex client requirements, one of which being that all tasks are declared as "General tasks", so that all users can select and work them.

Work item execution is performed using the function module SWL_WI_DISPATCH (I've also tested using SAP_WAPI_EXECUTE_WORKITEM), which sometimes returns the error 'No administrator found for the task'.

I followed the standard instructions for this error message, refreshing the org assignments, transaction SWU_OBUF etc, and this did not help the issue.

The error seems to occur within the function module RH_WI_AGENT_EXECUTE_CHECK, however according to our configuration I can see no reason why users shouldn't be allowed to execute the work item, if the org assignment has been stable for several months, all tasks are generic, and the work item status is READY. There is no rule for determining agent beyond them being "General task"s.

Does anyone have any ideas? According to the data in SWWWIHEAD I can't see any reason why execution should be failing for these work items.

Thanks

Former Member
replied

I had a suspicion it may not work. In that case you need to forward it to the executing user (should be able to do so via WAPI).

Alternatively - not sure what your scenario is about - there is an authorization object to allow administrative execution (as per SWIA), but this should not be used for a standard user, and certainly not for standard business functions.

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question