cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubts in SAProuter Config

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We need to set up SAProuter in 1 of our SAP environment.As per the help.sap.com I am going to install router..But in 1 para I am getting :

" Install the SAProuter as service as follows:

ntscmgr install SAProuter -b <drive>:\usr\sap\saprouter\saprouter.exe -p "service -r <parameter>"

I am not able to understand this & has been stucked.Please help me.I have already Created the subdirectory saprouter in the directory <drive>:\usr\sap.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashley,

It seems that you are installing a saprouter on a windows computer.

In that case you need to install the saprouter as a windows service in order for the saprouter to be able to run even if no session is open on the server.

A windows service is the equivalent of a unix daemon.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Oliver..But I want to iNstall SAProuter in a separate Windows desktop & not in my server..How to do that??

Install the SAProuter as service as follows:

ntscmgr install SAProuter -b <drive>:\usr\sap\saprouter\saprouter.exe -p "service -r <parameter>"

What should be the parameter??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashley

That's the start parameter, which is the parameter(s) will be executed as when SAProuter is being started as a windows service. For instance: ntscmgr install SAProuter -b <drive>:\usr\sap\saprouter\saprouter.exe -p "service -r -R C:\SAPROUTER\saprouttab -K

-r start saprouter

-R location of saprouttab file

-K activate SNC

To activate SNC:

1. download sapcrypto library from SWDC.

2. extract to have files sapcrypto.dll, sapgenpse and ticket.

3. set environment variable SNC_LIB and SECUDIR.

4. generate the certificate request : sapgenpse get_pse -v -r certreq -p local.pse u201C<Distinguished Name>u201D

5. insert the certreq content at http://service.sap.com/saprouter-sncadd

6. shortly you'll receive the certificate and save the content as file srcert, install the certificate: sapgenpse import_own_cert -c srcert -p local.pse

7. create the credential for the user which is used to start saprouter: sapgenpse seclogin -p local.pse -O <user_for saprouter>. It'll create file credv2.

8. then you could install saprouter as a windows service and start it.

Regards,

Effan

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ntscmgr is an executable if you search the OSS notes is attached to one of them... basically download it and you'll be able to execute that command.

Regards

Juan