cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not execute web service out of vc modelled in nwds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on CE 7.11 and modelled in NWDS a VC model. I am using several web services. The web services was found by Service Registry and could be added to the vc model without any problems.

But when I deploy my vc model and try to execute a service I got two errors:

Error occurred while identifying the destination : Destination CE2 not found

Error occurred during Destination Lookup

I know that I have to set something, somewhere but I do not know where. I could cry!

May somebody help me please?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member341000
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

You have to set the web services also in the CE server. You can see how to do that in the following page:

[http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC71/Web%20Service%20Destination]

Make sure to set up the web service name the same as you defined in NWDS (CE2) or else re-model your application with the new web service names (they should have the same name in both NWDS and the CE server).

Best regards,

Tal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thats my steps for VC@Browser but I modelled it in VC@NWDS.

In VC@NWDS my Destinations are not displayed!!

Regards

former_member341000
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The steps for VC@Browser have to be performed even if you model in NWDS because the runtime uses these settings as well (the settings should be available in the CE server that is defined in SAP AS Java as default in NWDS).

In NWDS, can you find the web services? If not, you should define them in Destination Configuration -> Web Service Configuration.

Best regards,

Tal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thats really crazy. You lead me to a new thinking and after hours I got my example running!

In NWDS:

When I search and add the web service over the Service Registry and right click at the method > Configure > Target Component I see that NWDS takes as System alias "CE2". Thats wrong because, actually it should take the service name!

To handle this problem at Window > Preferences > Web Service Configuration I define new service, refresh my service search in NWDS and add it to the model. Now at "Configure > Target Component" I have the correct system alias.

As final step I only have to define in NWA a HTTP Destination with the exactly same name as defined in System alias.

But do you know why NWDS takes wrong "System alias" over Service Registry menue?

Regards

former_member341000
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well, I'm not that familiar with the Service Registry, so actually the process might be a bit different there.

The scenario that works for you now sounds more like a simple web service scenario and not SR scenario.

Is CE2 the default CE server (defined in SAP AS Java)? That could be the reason that it's taken as the system...

I'll have to find out more about SR first before I can help you with it. Or maybe someone who is more familiar with it could help.

Best regards,

Tal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tal,

yes CE2 ist the default CE server defined in SAP AS JAVA. Actually I do not know why VC takes the wrong System alias.

Thanks for all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I solved it by myself:

For CE versions till 7.11 SP1 (include) you can use the following link:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e058a805-68b2-2b10-6a8b-fc570f1c3...

For 7.11 SP2 awards, you can use only the following chapter from the above document: Physical (Backend) System Configuration/s

Regards