cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image size to fill out the IE window

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a view with a menu on the left and a view container on the right side.

In the view container a linked another view.

That only constist of an image. I want this image to fill out the whole space available in the IE.

if somwbody has a low monitor resultion, it should be rezised to fill out everything and if somebody has a high resultion its the same. I dont want any "scroll bars" in the IE because the picture is to big nor I want empty space because the picture is displayed smaller than the window of the IE.

I have tried everything out. I put the image in a transparent container with "stretch", i set high and width for the transparent container and the picture to 100% but nothing really works.

As soon as I set high of the image to 100% it zero pixel. But if I set an value with px, em or ex I define the size and rezising is not done. And I cant see what the option "adjust image size" really does. I cant see any difference by (un)-checking it.

Is there any way to tell an object to be exactly that size the IE has? Is webdynpro able to recognize the monitor resolution and render an object to exactly that size?

Thanks for your help!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I was able to acomplish what you describe:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tjung/4397911653/

I have the following UI element hierarchy:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tjung/4398678604/

The RootUIElementContainer is layout type matrixLayout. Height is set to 100% and Width to 100%. StretcheHorizontally is check as is stretchedVertically.

I then have a transparent Container (that's TC_GROUP1 in my image). The resizing to fill the screen didn't work without the surrounding transparentContainer. It is set to Layout type FlowLayout. Its Height and Width are both set to 100%. The isLayoutContainer property is set to true. Its MatrixHeadData properties - both height and width are set to 100%.

Finally I have the Image UI element. AdjustImageSize is not checked. The Height and Width are both set to 100%. isDecorative is checked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick answer!

It does not work.

I can only see a very thin horizontal like. The image gets "compressed" to about 3 pixel and the line is as long as the image is wide (so no vertical sizing as well).

I tried it with WinXP SP3 and IE8.

I tried it with WinXP SP3 and IE6.

I tried it with my own PC via VPN to make sure its no nasty setting to our company desktop and I have only Windows, Office, SAP GUI on it. Nothing else.

Always the same result. As soon as I set the height of the image to 100% I get only a thin horizontal line.

You were able to accomplish. So I tried FireFox portable - and it works!

My lesson learned is that a picture can only be re-sized to a smaller size but not expanded. Thats no problem, I could use a 1600x1200 pixel graphic and then its made smaller.

But we have to use IE because thats the companies standard and SAPs as well.

We have the application running on a NetWeaver 2004s BI 7.0 machine. No EHP1. System got latest patches 3-4 month ago.

I cant believe that the SAP machine is the problem, because FireFox renders the graphik the same as your screenshots show.

Do you have any idea what the problem could be? Or could it be some kind of customizing/parameter problem within SAP? I have the problem since over 1 year and always thought its just a bug getting solved somewhen by a patch...

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Well I am running my example on NetWeaver 7.02, so there certainly could be some differences in the rendering from the server side. Either my system might include a service note yours does not or simply the later version of the rendering engine makes the difference.

Interesting that it worked for you in Firefox but not IE. I did my testing in IE 7 on Vista.

Service note 1347454 is actually a fix for Firefox with height of 100%.

More useful might be note 1266588. It contains the design rules for building an application that uses 100% height. This note also has correction instructions for backporting the WDSUPPORTSFULLHEIGHT parameter - but only to NetWeaver 7.01.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the hints regarding the notes.

I will review them and ask for implementation. I will leave the call open for a few days to let you know whether it works.

Thanks for your help!