Did you mean: 

Migrate product to another new product

bernd_speckmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the following situation on NWDI CE 7.11:

- Product "xy" version 0.1 of "vendor.com"

-SC1 (version 0.1) developed with some dependencies to other SCs (e.g. WD SCs)

-SC2 (version 0.1) developed with some dependencies to other SCs

Now I want to create a new product as a new version of product "xy" and create an according track to start further developent on this new track.

- Product "abc" version 1.0 of "vendor.com"

-SC1 (version 1.0) developed with some dependencies

-SC2 (version 1.0) developed with some dependencies

Hope can I do this? Are there any tutorials? I think the problem is to change the product name and version at the same time and migrate the developed SCs with new version numbers...

Thanks ahead,

Bernd

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't see a problem, because you do not have to change anything. You just need to define a new product and SC's with different version numbers.

bernd_speckmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

So you mean I have to define a new product first. After that I should create new SCs in the SLD and assign them to the product. There is no copy mechanism where I can change version numbers and names?

When I create the new SCs there are different options:

- Create new version for an existing SC

- Copy my SC with dependencies to a new Version

Where is the difference?

After that I could create a new development track and add new newly created SCs? The other required SCs are added automaticaly?

Thanks ahead!

Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

- Create new version for an existing SC: This will create a new SC without any dependencies.

- Copy my SC with dependencies to a new Version: This will copy your existing SC to a new version, with the same dependencies as the old version.

Remember to check/modify your dependencies if one or more of these should have another version as well...

Do not forget to click the Update CMS button on the Domain tab in CMS, before you create your new track. This will synchronize the SLD cache of CMS with the SLD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

- Create new version for an existing SC: This will create a new SC without any dependencies.

- Copy my SC with dependencies to a new Version: This will copy your existing SC to a new version, with the same dependencies as the old version.

Remember to check/modify your dependencies if one or more of these should have another version as well...

Do not forget to click the Update CMS button on the Domain tab in CMS, before you create your new track. This will synchronize the SLD cache of CMS with the SLD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

bernd_speckmann
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer.

One last question regarding this issue:

When I copy the SCs with dependencies to a new version and set the "Is direct Predecessor" flag, what happens to this SC if I modify the older SC (the predecessor)? What should I do, when I want to copy the changes to the newly created version?

Is it possible to overwrite the new created SC with an older SC containig some changes?

Thanks ahead,

Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this case you can create a track connection to forward the code from version 0.1 to version 1.0. Once a change is approved in the track for version 0.1, it will become available for import in the track for version 1.0. I'm not sure if this will generate integration conflicts in case certain sources have been changed in version 1.0 in the meantime. Therefore I suggest to test this scenario first, before going "live" with this setup.

Alternatively you can instruct the developers to keep both versions in sync manually by making the same source code changes in both tracks, considering you're probably only fixing bugs in version 0.1.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't see a problem, because you do not have to change anything. You just need to define a new product and SC's with different version numbers.

Former Member
0 Kudos