cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mass change in documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all

I need to perform mass changes to some documents.

as LSMW does not perform well with the classic enjoy transactions such as CV02N, how can I do that?

specifically, I need to

1) change the descriptions in tab "descriptions"

2) set the deletion flag to the documents

3) attach a whole bunch of objects (Functional locations and Materials) to a specific doc.

any idea?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is a functionality to process documents from search result...

goto spro->dms-> general data-> start processing for documents..here you define different processes, which will appear under extras-> processes in cv04n search result, you can write your own logic for mass change...

Former Member
0 Kudos

i saw that functionality andf used it for setting the delete indicator: is there a list of ready functions to be used in these case or i have to browse thru all the functions available? that is besides writing my own code (which I prefer to use as last resort)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The above process of setting deletion flag through search results  hold good only if you have DIRs of one DOC type, what if I have n number of DIR of different doc type.

I tried to use different combinations of search criteria, bt its nt working for me.

Please suggest if we can achieve this or do we need to set the deletion flag for each doc type individually ?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

the checkbox "data check off" in "define workstation application" in customizing, needs to be checked.

the folder opens

but beware that macros will not automatically start.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, i found the deletion funtion to be set in customizing for CV04N.

how do I perform the rest?