Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Mail Agreements Terms

gabriela_pieper2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I just wonder how is possible that a non SAP Community Network user kann see my User Profile Information (E-Mail Address) via Goole in Internet, even I use the Hide Settings.

I thought this information is anly availably inside the Comunity.

Hier the agreements Terms :

E-mail Addresses

If you choose to give us your e-mail address, we will communicate with you via e-mail. We do not share your e-mail address with others outside the SAP Group of companies. You can choose not to receive any more e-mail at any time.

Rgdc,

GP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gabriela_pieper2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi again,

Working thread:

"We have opened a ticket for the issue and the development team is working on the issue. We will update you as and when we get any response from them."

GP

kimmo_sirpoma
Participant
0 Kudos

I noticed today that I am facing the same problem with my account data.

kimmo_sirpoma
Participant
0 Kudos

Oops, I found that in my case I still had option Show checked in the Profile data located in the Your Control Panel section (this panel is only visible when you are in the Forum area) which is different thing than My Profile located in the upper section of the page. In My Profile section I have always had the hidden option selected. Now when I checked Hide option in the Profile data located in the Your Control Panel section, my problem is solved. Nobody can see my mmail anymore but sure Google will find me for long time coming.

It is confusing to have these two different profile sections. At least the My Profile area should have a link to Your Control Panel area.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

gabriela_pieper2
Participant
0 Kudos

I still wait the technical SDN answer.

GP

gabriela_pieper2
Participant
0 Kudos

One thing is still unresolved for me, I think that the search request from Google is still a problem of SAP SDN Community Forum. The registered Link on Google site (Name search) make a directly call of https://forums.sdn.sap.com/profile, and I think that this information should not be available outside SDN Forum.

GP

gabriela_pieper2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for solving my problem. I didn't give much attention to the Control Panel settings. You have right, between u201CMy Profileu201D and u201CYour Control Panelu201D should be a closer link. And in my opinion the Email address and Name settings (by the way, did you know what does it mean * for the two settings? ) should be of hide as default in the u201CYour Control Panel u201C.

Thanks again Kimmo Sirpoma, you were faster as the technical Team.:-)

GP

PS. I'll assign you the solved points as soon as possible. I faced with an error while assigning you the points.

gabriela_pieper2
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm glad to hear this. Ok, I'll do that.

Thanks.

GP

Edited by: Gabriela Pieper on Mar 3, 2010 11:05 AM

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for bringing this to our attention Gabriel. Fastest way to get attention is indeed to send to sapnetwork at sap dot com where the technical folks can get to it. I'll also check to make sure this thread is communicated.

Thanks too to Matt for elevating these kinds of comments here!

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And please let us know the result. I'm quite baffled.

gabriela_pieper2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi again,

...more then that. How is possible that Google have got such information?

Dies ist der Cache von Google von https://forums.sdn.sap.com/profile.jspa;jsessionid=(J2EE5212200)ID1288241150DB01691614715382473877En.... Es handelt sich dabei um ein Abbild der Seite, wie diese am 15. Febr. 2010 05:58:24 GMT angezeigt wurde. Die aktuelle Seite sieht mittlerweile eventuell anders aus.

Every non-SDN Community user have the information about your activity in the SDN Forum. Did You find this right?

GP

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I will flag this up with the technical team. You should also email "sapnetwork .at. sap.com"

matt

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you sure you've hidden it? I've checked your profile and can see the email address. I've checked others' and can't see theirs. If the email address isn't hidden, then google robots will pick it up.

matt

gabriela_pieper2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

thaks for answer me...

Did we talk about same settings: Bussiness Card, Personal Data under Edit window all entries have two options: hidden and visible. How must be the option? I have all of hidden.

Rgdc,

GP

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From a non-Moderator angle Im unable to view your mai.l id too. Ideally what you said is true. Your mai.l id should not be visible with your current settings.

pk