cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock posting during Recurring inspection.

kiran_vuriti2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

We are currently in the process of implementing the Recurring inspection process for Batch managed materials. If a Batch of material is available in multiple Storage Locations (for example two), the Job 'Deadline Monitoring of Batches' triggers two transfer postings (to Restricted stock in respective storage locations) and two Inspection Lots.

When the Usage Decision is being taken for the Lot in the first Storage Location, it triggers the Stock Postings in both the Storage Locations from Restricted stock to Unrestricted (though the second inspection lot still has the status 'REL CALC SPRQ') and this stock is available for consumption in the second storage location as well.

Looks like we are missing something here - appreciate any inputs.

Thank you.

SK.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is because in the variant you are running for QA07 you must be specifying either "Block Batch at Lot Creation" or "Block batch at inspection date". In the SAP help files, it states that when using a block function in QA07, SAP will restricit the batch if batch status management is active at the plant.

In your situation, since you can have multiple storage locations, you should select either "To insp. stock at lot creation" or "To insp. stock at insp. date."

This will then give you two lots, and a required stock posting at time of UD. Keep in mind however that if during the UD on either lot, the quality person decides to restrict the batch, they will also be restricting the batch in the other storage location as well as anywhere else in the world the batch is, (unless you are at plant batch level in your system).

If you don't want this material in QI to be considered MRP relevant, I suggest you put a long inspection duration on the 09 setup in the material masters so that the inspection lot end date is well outside your planning horizons.

Craig

kiran_vuriti2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Craig,

Thank you for your response.

The Business requirement is to 'restrict' the batch rather than transfer it to 'Inspection stock'. What is bothering me is that when the system can create two inspection lots for the two storage locations - why does the UD of the first lot impact the stock posting of the second lot (without changing it's status).

Do you reckon it has something to do with the Batch level? It is at material level currently.

MRP is not an issue as the system can include 'Restricted' stock for planning.

Cheers,

SK.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its because a batch can only have one status level regardless of how many storage locations it is kept in. Changing a batch status is like flipping a light switch on or off. It's either on, or it's not. Batch status is the same. The batch is either released, (unrestricted), or not released, (restricted). Each lot can impact batch status.

I'm not sure what to tell you other than what I alread suggested. Is the use of the second storage location sample stock or something? You could maybe copy the program and add storage location to avoid the sample storage location.

Craig

kiran_vuriti2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Craig,

Thank you once again for sharing your thoughts.

R/3 documentation does state like in your email:

If you change the status of a batch in the batch master record, the system automatically changes the status of all subsets of this batch in all storage locations, and triggers an internal transfer posting of the respective stock.

I assume this refers to a change done by an User in the Batch master and not one that is triggered by an Usage decision - as the system had initially created two inspection lots and it shouldn't leave loose ends - if it is doing the stock posting for the second lot as well.

Cheers,

SK.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately no. It has nothing to do with wether it is a user or a program like QA07 or UD. The indicator or restricited batch is simply a single "X" in the MCH1 table. (MCHA table if at plant level batch). So without a significant rewrite of the software, there isn't a way around it.

You have to look at it this way. If you had the same batch in two WH and one expired and was restricted, you'd want all the other portions of the material restrcited as well. In addition, once released, the entire batch is released.

I'm a bit confused in your case. You seem to indicate you are running the QA07 with the "Block batch" indicator and not the "inspection lot" indicator. But you refer to making a UD. If you are running with block batch in QA07 how are you creating the inspection lots?

If QA07 created the two inspection lots, you should be required to do two stock postings to clear both portions of stock out of QI. So you have me a bit confused when you say you have two lots and the system posts both to unrestricted.

Are you manually creating these? In that case, they are not stock relevant and making a UD to unrestricted can release the batch every where from either lot.

I get the feeling I missed a step in your process.

Craig

kiran_vuriti2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Craig,

I am definitely with you on the Business logic.

QA07 is executed only with the option 'Block Batch at Lot Creation' (& of course a value for the initial run in days) > This triggers the status change of the batch to 'Restricted' in both the storage locations (& stock to 'Restricted' as well) and also triggers two Inspection Lots.

However, when the UD is taken for the first lot (could be either of the two), the system also transfers the stock for the second lot to 'Unrestricted' (without changing any of the statues in the second inspection lot).

Please, if you could confirm that your system does or does not behave in this manner, then it will help conclude, whether or not I am missing something.

Thank you.

SK.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok.. got it now. Yes.. it behaves in the same manner here.

The only thing I can suggest for you to do is to maybe use user exit QEVA0010, usage decision check. This can output an error message to the user. You can use the exit to check for additional open 09 inspection lots for the same material/batch number if the batch is restricted and the UD is ACCEPT. If any are find, an error message is given. The user would have to go to MSC2n to change the batch to released, thus unrestricting it everywhere. Then they would be free to make the individual UD's on the inspection lots.

While it requires an extra step in the process, I'm not sure how else you'll be able to get around this.

Craig

kiran_vuriti2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Craig,

Thank you for everything.

Regards,

SK.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member503059
Discoverer